Should I Smoke Dope?

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/ask.htm

Is the link to feed questions to the panel on the night

http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/Client/Message...=1&te=False

is the link to the forums

however there has been a big change there... since our attack last week

read the mods sticky thread to all users it is staggering it started this morning :rolleyes:

Auntie has just implimented a zero tolerance censorship regime!!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder if it was after our efforts last week :D

Edited by lightning

I got to the first 'YOU STUPID TWAT' point when Ms Taylor, who was by her own admission naive to cannabis since uni days, choofed most of her way through a strong spliff. I saw her greenout coming a mile off, as you all did. The second YST point came when she accepted as gospel some non-specific wackiness about 'holes in the lungs' caused by smoking. Third strike was her buying in to the famous zero-tolerance cannabis lie that buds are adulterated with glass beads. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Over? Right around then, I drifted off and rolled a big honkin' jay.

Oh yeah, somewhere in the thing, she also bought into the 'Not Your Father's Marijuana' bullshit, but at least her chosen 'expert' claimed that present-day "skunk" was only 4x stronger than dope of days past instead of the usual '10-20-1000% stronger' idiocy, but Taylor completely ignored the notion that you smoke less dope when it's got more THC, failed to break the connection between the way alcohol and opiate strength affects users and describe the self-titration nature of cannabis use.

However, in between the YST moments, she got one or two things right, but on the topic of cannabis, unless it's all right, it's all wrong. Taylor's job was to debunk, given there's SO much drug-war disinfo in the public domain. She failed.

If you want to know what the real motivation was for doing this program, check out the BBC News follow up story about the program. Particularly telling is their choice of links to put with the news item:

SEE ALSO

Cannabis now three times stronger

05 Feb 08 | UK

Cannabis 'raises psychosis risk'

27 Jul 07 | Health

'Cannabis messed with my health'

08 Jun 07 | Health

RELATED INTERNET LINKS

Drugscope

Frank - Drugs advice website

Institute of Psychiatry

All linkage to zero-tolerance, anti-drug propagandists and stories with that tone.

I'm not actually surprised about a typical pot bashing exercise, but I am surprised that there was any good information in this program, and there was a little. The problem with a little good information commingled with the crap is that it tends to validate the bullshitty parts.

Even though the Doco was mainly full of misconstrued and/or rehashed crap, that we usually see. It was a little refreshing to hear what the Doctor had to say about the "Cannabis 'n Schizophrenia link". First time i've ever seen someone touch on what's believed to be the truth.

To dispel these myths are going to be the breakthrough in law reform, i tend to think. But we'll never know until Cannabis can be fully and openly researched without restrictions. Something mosts Governements are busting their arse from allowing to happen. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: