who trims below scrog line

does anyone know about trimming branches below there scrog mesh ive read that some people cut all the branches below the mesh supposingly to use all of its energy on the tops.i find this hard to believe has anyone compared trimming all branches off apposed to leaving them on all my experiece tells me the plant would shock out and stop growing for a week or so lol

mate ive only done scrog two or three times and i did trim off all the undergrowth, but i did it progressively over a period of time not all in one hit ...

i didnt do a comparison, just did all of them , i dont believe it had a detrimental effect on the growth rate and i would certainly do it again when i do another scrog

lol

Although i haven't actually done a SCROG grow i will be this time and i personally will be trimming below the screen once i start too thicken the foliage up and go into flower. It takes away from the plants ability too produce too the main buds as far as i am concerned and the buds that would form down there would be small and almost negligible compared too the extra growth that would be done in the top.

As everyone else has said - take it all off.

The light won't penetrate and you'll have a hell of a mess for no reason.

In the vineyard industry we have to De-Sucker ,, which means we take everything off below the main wire , as these shoots will use energy that should be going into the top.

Didn't know that - cheers!

Jimbo :thumbsup:

In the vineyard industry we have to De-Sucker ,, which means we take everything off below the main wire , as these shoots will use energy that should be going into the top.

thanks thats some real proof that it is better to trim below the scrog line i dont think commercial grape growers would spend this time if it didnt do anything nor would they jepardise speed for harvest