Single Policy Marijuana Party for Queensland?

I agree medicinal Cannabis is what we need to push for (first).

I think it was this thread where people were saying we need famous people?

Well, first....

We have many doctors who are pushing for it.

One is Dr. Andrew Katelaris - He was interviewed on The Hemp Revolution DVD (find it on youtube) and Billion Dollar Crop.

He has been pushing for use as a medicine also and he said once on ABC news....

"Narration: The details of the legislation are yet to be determined. One of the key questions is whether cannabis should be legalised as a medicinal herb, or regulated as a restricted pharmaceutical product?

Andrew Katelaris, a medical doctor and cannabis campaigner wants cannabis to become a low cost herbal medicine. He envisages patients growing their own, but his main goal is to become a licensed cannabis supplier, developing potent strains of plants."

"arration: But Andrew Katelaris is worried that if the big Pharmaceutical companies control the cannabis supply, they will go on to monopolise the industry. If the new legislation won’t allow people to use the plant itself to control their symptoms, he intends to break the law.

Dr Andrew Katelaris: If the trial turns out to be a bureaucratic sham we will have to continue and in fact invigorate a program of activism aimed at challenging and repeatedly challenging the laws that have been put in place.

Narration: Katelaris isn’t waiting around. He’s already flaunting the law by developing high-potency strains of Cannabis. These he plans to trial with current medicinal cannabis patients.

Reporter: They're going to throw you in the clink for doing this, aren't they?

Dr Andrew Katelaris: Well who is they? I mean if the Australian public thinks its reasonable to spend whatever 60 or 70 thousand dollars imprisoning someone who wants to help patients, well that will be so. That would be a shame and that would be a huge waste of public money."

Also the celebrities in Aus, I can only think of one, Akmal (sp?) off Nova.

Guest Stephen
I have mentioned before on this forum. I am a 64 year old female. I was busted for having five plants (all male) last year. I use cannibas for medical reasons. I had a letter from my doctor to verify this. The magistrate still threw the book at me.

thats terrible :thumbsup:. Did you have any charges? hydro or outdoor?

Yes. I got a conviction, although it was my first offence...EVER! I was fined $700. My useless solicitor got $450...for doing crap. I would have been better off to defend myself. I (not named) but put on the front page of our local paper. Also on the local news. As I come from a small town, everyone knew it was me. I wish I had known about this site then. I'm sure I would have had heaps of syupport.

Guest Stephen

Gah wtf is wrong with this government.

There are plenty of better things the police could be doing rather than trying to bust medical-marijuana growers.

If you don't mind me asking.. How were you 'caught'? I would love to grow my own but... I'm so paranoid about what could happen.

Oh cummon tell us :thumbsup: , it will be a lesson for us all.

Something good must come out of it.

Also can you actually get a letter from your doctor?

What does it say? That Cannabis is the only thing that works or something?

They implemented a new thing where doctors are supposed to report to the secretary (whoever that is, the revised thing just has this amiguous "the secretary" all the way through) if patients are using "schedule 1 poisons"

Guest Stephen

I might be a bit busy tomorrow. A mate is coming down and I'm building a new computer for him, and his view on cannabis is "I would only approve of it if it was legalised by our government for cancer and hiv patients only". I'll try and be there though. I only joined a couple days ago so I'm still under 10 posts :disguise:. I'll have to get posting!

You would get expelled from oz stoners? :thumbsup:.. I didn't know that broke rules. I might go read them now.