Single Policy Marijuana Party for Queensland?

Aren't we just throwing ideas around here fred, sorry there was no tongue in cheek icon to click on but you have to see the point Wayne Smith is trying to illustrate surely?

Yeah I do see the point and maybe we do need a couple of clowns, jugglers, elephants and a good high wire act to get listened to. I did think you were being a little tongue in cheek but wasn't totally sure.

I think your overestimating the intelligence of the masses fred, they're not that bright really.

I constantly change my mind about how dumb, or not the average consumer is. Depends on the situation. Sometimes the public surprises me with their cynicism and intelligence.

Here is a link to the Pam story:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5012974,00.html

There are a few comments but I'll highlight the worst 2.

Ha ha....let's all smoke copious quantities of mull and see if we can achieve the same level of intelligence as Pammy. I mean really...you wouldn't have a lung cancer patient advocating smoking, would you?

Posted by: Amanda of melbourne

haha what a laugh. This is akin to a single cell amoeba trying to explain the theory of relaitivity to albert einstein.. Go back to your trailer park Pammy you are not even qualified enough to put two sentances together let alone have a serious discussion on an issue like this, or any for that matter.

Posted by: pat of

That illustrates why I don't really want Pammy as a spokesperson or supporter of a new party here.

Having said all that, I do support anyone having a go.

yeah, I see what your on about and I can't argue not really wanting to be associated either.

Although I can't overlook her media power though no matter my thoughts on her brain power, also she did have the guts to point out her thoughts to the incoming President.

Which leads me slightly off track, I wonder, why she would bother sticking her neck out like that?

These creatures are media driven, Pammy would surely have a manager/minder that would have advised her against something like this unless they can sniff some sort of change coming and want to be seen as being on the winning team perhaps?? Stranger things have happened? Celebrities and government have always gone hand in hand, especially in the US.

Which leads me slightly off track, I wonder, why she would bother sticking her neck out like that?

These creatures are media driven, Pammy would surely have a manager/minder that would have advised her against something like this unless they can sniff some sort of change coming and want to be seen as being on the winning team perhaps?

She lives in California which is probably the most pro cannabis state so maybe she isn't sticking her neck out too far. Maybe Obama will reform laws? You would have to be right about her being controlled by a manager. I hadn't thought of that. I just found out she was in OZ last year. I already know more about her than I ever would have wanted. lol I wonder if Wayne will get a reply?

I can't see what an American B grade actress famous for her tits is going to add to cannabis law reform in Queensland. If you must approach celebrities at least can they be Australian and capable of completing a sentence.

In case you hadn't noticed, there is no mad rush of celebrities crushing us to the floor in their eagerness to campaign on our behalf. I could try only emailing those celebrities who meet your personal standards, but I think reaching out to Stars who have already spoken out on legalisation would be a better place to start. But feel free to email any celebrity you feel would be beneficial to the cause. My thinking is the more the merrier.

Ofcourse she has her critics. Thats part of being famous. Some people love her and some hate her. Makes for great debate. If everyone loves you then the conversation can get pretty dull. Thats why the newspapers were so happy to publish those comments about Steve Irwin by Germain Greer. Nobody else was saying anything negative about him.

Feminist Greer slams Steve's antics

Those people who are going to vote against us because Pamela Anderson supports legalisation probably wouldn't have voted for us anyway. But what about her fans? They may not all be intellectuals but they still have a vote. The naysayers might be more vocal but her fan base is numbered in the millions.

Scientific studies have played their part in law reform in America, especially medical marijuana being available in some states

The percentage of people in Australia who smoke pot is higher than in America. Thats why I think we should primarily target recreational users. They are sick and tired of being bullied. The majority of people don't read scientific journals and the media rarely picks up on any news item placing cannabis in a favourable light. If we want to become mainstream then we need a few big names in our corner. Household names that grab peoples attention.

If I do get any replies I'll request they make a comment on YouTube to promote the campaign. A few seconds of their time. Every celeb has access to a video camera and anything which appears on YouTube instantly makes international news. It won't cost them or us a cent that way.

Circuses are great for drawing crowds. We've already been getting bad press for the better part of a century so what is there to be afraid of? Even negative news generates positive feedback. We are promoting the use of a relatively harmless recreational drug people take for fun and relaxation. So yes, lets have a media circus. Lets have clowns and bimbo's and elephants etc. Well, maybe not elephants. Not if I have to clean up after them.

Any woman who would repeatedly go back to a wife beater like Tommy Lee is probably fearless.

Pamela Anderson and Ex-husband Tommy Lee Rekindles Their Relationship

By the way, don't hold your breath on any response. In my experience it can take a month or more for celebrity replies to any correspondance. I just spent a few hours tracking down publicists, myspace profiles and official website contacts for a host of famous individuals and I'll keep on plugging away at it for a bit longer. Will see how many I can get done this week.

Edited by Wayne Smith

If Peter Garrett wasn't such a Labor Party bitch he would have been perfect. Hands up who's seen Peter Garrett smoking pot? Where's that hands up icon?

Yeah, nobody likes a sell out. I'm just glad I beat everyone else to these little gems. :scratchin:

PeterGarrett.Org

LaborParty.Info

Buying the domains... $6.95(US) each

Redirecting them anywhere I want to.... FREE

Embarassing the hell out of a drugged out ex-rock star turned labor stooge... PRICELESS!!!

Hey, have you guys seen this article. Its probably archived.

Marijuana 'made me sick': Bligh

So the leader of the state is an ex-stoner. Fascinating. Gotta squeeze that into our campaign somewhere. Captain Bligh flying high.

Yeah, I kick out of them. I particularly enjoy redirecting them to official sites. Webcrawlers can't tell the difference and generally within about a week or two my link is riding at the top of search results directly below the official website. Ofcourse they drop down again pretty fast if I then redirect them somewhere else but for a couple of days it can be hilarious. Although Lawrence Springborg wasn't much impressed when I did it with liberalnationalparty.com etc.

I suppose I'd be a pretty wealthy man if I sold them all. DavidTennant .Com was for sale at 10,000 US dollars. But I only own the .org and I'm a bit upset he is quitting Dr Who. He was nearly as good as Tom Baker.

I can still have fun with stevenmoffat.org anyway. He's the new director/writer for the show.

My busiest domain has to be JodhiMeares.Com and I've had a few gentle probing emails from friends of hers enquiring as to what I'm going to do with it. Jodhi used to be married to that fat retarded idiot James Packer who owned a few of the newspapers that have libeled me over the years.

Strangely JodhiMeares gets far more traffic than EricaPacker.Com which is another domain I own and ofcourse is the namesake of James Packers most recent bride. RobertGBarett.Com gets a few visitors. My favourite author.

Ofcourse KylieAnnMinogueobe.Com and KylieMinogueOBE.Com get heaps of traffic. JuliaGillard.Org does okay.

Today I purchased HempEmbassy.Org and I'm waiting to see how quickly it overtakes the genuine website. Why they chose .net for their domain I'm not sure. The .net extensions never really took off. While .com is the king it wasn't always so and .org is unarguably the second most useful domain type available. Another domain hunter grabbed up the .com ofcourse. They don't sit around for long when there is a popular website residing at an alternative extension.

I just found Kumars MySpace page. Atleast I think I did. It was listed at the movie database. Sort of hidden away there.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=94503276

Sent him a message.

Further to the previous . . . did a bit more fiddling . . . :)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1932/38/32/613767215/n613767215_1940327_6342.jpg

When laws are introduced which are by their very nature unconstitutional and unjust then it becomes the responsibility of everyone with a conscience to fight such undemocratic change.