Single Policy Marijuana Party for Queensland?

That's the spirit guys! Now rock on and take it to the man. We need to work as one, as unity makes us strong. In fighting can only hurt the cause that we are so keen to see prevail.

Remember, "Strength through Unity". Emery prevailed because he surrounded himself with like minded, intelligent folks, all working with a common purpose. For too long we have been Nimbin bashing, or Canberra bashing, or hydro bashing. All the while the man has watched on and laughed as we tear ourselves apart. Those days are gone and WE are strong. We WILL prevail. WE will support each other.

Remember, "Strength through Unity"

QUOTE (Teucer @ Feb 3 2009, 10:22 AM)

I have all respect for the Nimbin mob and the hippie movement. But unfortunately that is not going to cut it here. It never has and I doubt ever will. The public see a bunch of hippies sitting around smoking pot and looking like, well hippies, they turn off. It may sound terrible and get us angry, but that does not change the truth. I suggest asking a random sample of people you know about this. It's true. We need to not just emply, but modify and beef up the enemies tactics. If we wish to become accepted mainstream like say Alcohol is now, then we need to begin to appear such. There are many things we each can do to help:

1. Stop living up to our stereotypes. Seriously folks!

2. Pay attention to your appearance. You want people to take you seriously right? Change those clothes. You may appear fringe wearing those baggy pants and baseball cap, or walking around shirtless, but what are YOU saying about our movement? People like this unfortunately simply re-enforce the stereotypes.

3. Watch the way you talk. Be a bit more polite and civilised.

4. Keep pot arguments to the argument. DON'T make it personal. This also switches people off.

5. Unite. Simple. We need to unite as a group and not let Big Brother split us up. If there's any grower/stoner going to court, there should be a protest every time. EVERY time.

This is a war folks. The sooner we recognise that for what it is the sooner we can effectively fight it. Not with violence, not militantly. That would just turn the people we need to convince off. Look at Marc Emery. He is a celebrity. He is non-violent but he employs a militant approach and his oratory skills are great. He does come off a bit kooky at times but in general his approach is working.

Imagine if there were even just another 10 people in the world like him...

We can make this happen. But we need to be smart about it. Get off your lazy arses and DO something. Doesn't have to be much and you can even help anonymously!

(Some of you already are - but if you read my post intellectually, you'd know I don't mean YOU).

FREE THE HERB

I believe this to be sound advice, and advice that folks here in Australia should take to heart. Despite what folks think of Marc Emery, would he have achieved what he has if he were not seen by the public as a man in a suit with a very conservative appearance? I think not.

I know this may be a contentious issue, but I feel that if we want to fight this war on drugs and win, we have to do it in mufti.

Any update cannabis crusaders?

Some cases coming up ... hope to see you there!!!

Caboolture - 11th

Lismore - 16th

Gold Coast - 17th

Brisbane, Roma St - 19th

Brisbane, George Street - 20th

Brisbane, Roma Street - 25th

Downing Centre, Sydney- 26th

Supreme Court QLD - TBA

Supreme Court NSW- TBA

Well thre ya go guys. Grace has kindly listed a set of dates where you can go and lend support. Turn up and do as the Canadians do...bring banners and placards and engage in peaceful spirited protest in support of our cause. If you saw what recently occured during the Vancouver Island Compassion Society's Supreme Court Decision on February 2nd regarding Philippe Lucas and Mathew Beren, you might be surprised at the results.

Edited by smokin.moose

Well thre ya go guys. Grace has kindly listed a set of dates where you can go and lend support. Turn up and do as the Canadians do...bring banners and placards and engage in peaceful spirited protest in support of our cause. If you saw what recently occured during the Vancouver Island Compassion Society's Supreme Court Decision on February 2nd regarding Philippe Lucas and Mathew Beren, you might be surprised at the results.

Great Work Moose for setting up this rally group

Kindly let me know what dates you guys will be at the courts leading these rallies ... I'll keep a look out for yas.

It will be so good to see you guys turn up at court with your banners and placards ... leading the charge and giving your full support to help keep these guys out of prison.

What's the name and details of the new lobby group you guys have set up?

Do you have a spokeperson like Marc Emery to speak with the media?

The media are always at the courts ....

Have you organised any other activities for people to get involved with?

I'm looking forward to hearing all the details of this new group.

Sounds like the way forward. :wave:

Grace, it's not a group but more a call to individuals to rally and support others who are in need of support. In my experience groups get too caught up in in-fighting and lose the message.

If individuals turn up on the court dates you have supplied and show support, it will have much benefit IMO. I made the point earlier that it is in-fighting that has undone our message, so I hope folks here heed that.

Strength comes from unity. That unity need not be from groups. If we all turn up with a common purpose and speak with one voice, that in itself carries a powerful message.

Maybe down the track individuals may choose to form groups, but I prefer to see many individuals carrying the same message.

I think Teucer touched on that there needs to be a new way of taking the message to the man. My point was that Emery achieved what he did by presenting a conventional argument on an unconventional topic, in a conventional appearance.

Edited by smokin.moose

Grace, it's not a group but more a call to individuals to rally and support others who are in need of support. In my experience groups get too caught up in in-fighting and lose the message.

If individuals turn up on the court dates you have supplied and show support, it will have much benefit IMO. I made the point earlier that it is in-fighting that has undone our message, so I hope folks here heed that.

Strength comes from unity. That unity need not be from groups. If we all turn up with a common purpose and speak with one voice, that in itself carries a powerful message.

Maybe down the track individuals may choose to form groups, but I prefer to see many individuals carrying the same message.

Thanks for clearing that up Moose.

Looking forward to seeing you at the courts even if it is on your own.

:wave:

Cool Grace. I am hoping to be in Nimbin for 2 weeks in May, so if any of the court dates co-incide with my time up north, it is my plan to go and lend one voice to those who may need it.

I think your call for support at those court dates is very, very important. Your work with the needy in court appearances has been fantastic, and few folks here at OzStoners know of your great work. You have been the light in the dark for many good people who have fell foul of the law re cannabis offences. There should be more selfless people like you Grace, and I applaud your work unconditionally!

Edited by smokin.moose

Cool Grace. I am hoping to be in Nimbin for 2 weeks in May, so if any of the court dates co-incide with my time up north, it is my plan to go and lend one voice to those who may need it.

I think your call for support at those court dates is very, very important. Your work with the needy in court appearances has been fantastic, and few folks here at OzStoners know of your great work. You have ben the light in the dark for many good people who have fell foul of the law re cannabis offences. There should be more selfless people like you Grace, and I applaud your work unconditionally!

Thanks Moose .. so sweet of you

But so much more needs to be done from the cannabis community as you pointed out.

A big rally at Parliament House would be a great thing.

That's what we need ... take it to the pollies in Canberra!!!

Would gladly fly down to give my support if you organised it as you are from Canberra.

Could even help out financially.

These rallies don't just happen ... they need leaders like Marc Emery to get people mobilised!!

I think it needs more than just one voice.

Please let us know if you get any activities up and going between now and May.

:wave:

Grace, I think you are quite right that a rally needs to occur in Canberra. I am going to take on board what you said and see if my mind can get around such a large task. At the moment I am up to my eyeballs in my own legal issues here in Canberra, but once that is sorted out I will have more time, and hopefully a renewed energy for a mammoth task such as this.

I have heard rumblings that the Nimbin lads are thinking of another rally in Canberra, and have spoken of the 100' joint being inflated to head it up. The idea has merit but it would need National support from the stoner community to be effective.

Re an Emery-like figure needed in Australia, I wholeheartedly agree. I wish I had the ego and financial resources to fill that role but sadly I do not :wave:. I keep hoping that the new generation will bring to light such a figure. A person who will unite the masses and have the strength and charisma to bring about change. A figure like that would indeed set us on a new course, and it is a new and united course that we ALL need to follow.

Re the rally in Canberra, it is my opinion that it be a rally for medicinal cannabis, rather than a rally for ending prohibition. I think if we had folks out in support of medical, medical, medical, that we would get a better hearing. If the rally was headed up as in Canadian rallies, by folks in wheelchairs, on crutches, etc, all calling for the right to medicate as needed, we will get more attention. We need to get the doctors, dentists, lawyers, draughtsman, public servants marching. We need to conventionalise an unconventional message, and do it in a way that mainstream Australia can relate to.

I would like to hear more opinion on this. It is my experience that rainbows, dreads, and beads have so far carried a limited message to the Australian masses, due largely to being stereotyped. We need to do what Emery did, and turn up in regular attire (what I referred to as mufti), so that we are seen as regular Australians, by regular Australians. Emery broke the stereotype, and he did it very successfully. Regardless of what folks think of Emery and his ways, he did what others could not.

Also, take Marco Renda, the owner/editor of Treating Yourself Magazine. He always dresses 'conventionally', and look what he has achieved. You only need to read the Hitzig Decision to see what he and the others achieved in the Ontario Superior Court. His actions resulted in a Constitutional change in Canada, such that Health Canda was forced to grow and supply medicinal cannabis to those patients requiring it. Marco is a hero in my books, and one who I model on, rather than Marc Emery.

While there are still issues before the Canadian courts on the Medical Marijuana Access Regulations, they are moving in the right direction. Marco and his mates carried that unconventional message in a conventional way, and they moved mountains. We need to do the same here inAustralia!

Edited by smokin.moose