First Indoor Grow

thats a lovely cupboard man, the perfect 400w cupboard. Anyhow those 2 airpumps are gonna be overkill, but thats a good thing, I can't see how big they are but I use 2 9500cc for 8 buckets, how many buckets you going for 4 or 9??? or 1???

Oh yeah, what the hell is that black thing on the left side of the photo???

Anyhoo, only bought from seeds direct once, they sent my order in 22 days and it was only half of it, then I wrote them and complained and got the rest of my order in another 22 days.

One question though, where you gonna put your resevoir in that room, you should make a shelf so the thing is 2m tall, then keep your res and nutes and shit up there and it will be stealth and nice.

I love that cupboard though, I can't believe it wasn't your first consideration, it is so perfect.

Are you renting?? It sucks growing while you rent, but that cupboard would be perfect, as long as you know how to plaster the holes back up, and get the right paint mix. when I used to rent, inspections were bad, I had 3 homemade cupboards sitting in the one room, and a smelly room it was. anyhoo, with my extra shelf idea, you could chuck fans into that shelf, and vent the hot air to the res area.

G'day...latest update...The only thing holding the grow back now is finding some suitable buckets..I've had a look around being tossed out by shops but no luck yet..

oh yeah...there's been a slight holdup on the seeds I ordered and payed for from seedsdirect..I posted in a self stamped air mail envelope with 2 sheets of paper and 15 pounds and details of the order and email addy in the letter on the first of april..ok it's been 21 days now and they're not responding to my polite emails anymore (they responded once and not again).. so now I'm stuffed i reckon...I'm not going to see those seeds...such a shame too, they were nlpi.

Any angels out there who would be willing to send some seeds??

ok...I'm one of those people stupid enough to think that everything in my life seems to be ruled by coincidence..that's getting even wierder when I'm ruled by my concious...

OMFG...I just got pm'd by a dude asking what I wanted and 5 mins after I posted that message above I checked my yahoo account for the 420th time this week and whoa an behold there it was...they sent me not just the payment recieved email but simply "that order has shipped"...wow.. I'm really happy now..cause I can give away free seeds too..

I'll have to get off my seat and go get some buckets now huh?

btw I was thinkin of doin a timelapse on my first grow..but now that my main puter has died I guess that will be a bit hard though...great idea though if anyone has one of those logitech clicksmart 510's...they're great little digi cams...

I suppose I'll be waiting another 2 weeks for the seeds so it'll be a bit boring until then...fingers crossed dude.

Hey Putard,

I picked up the best fucking buckets I ever seen in my life a couple of weeks ago, they are big square 25Ltr buckets, cost me $3 each used from a Rural supply store, used to contain fertilizer.

The only problem is the lids don't come on and off.

My old buckets came from Bakers Delight and the Donut King for free just asked em nicely with my hair brushed and face shaved.

The buckets at bunnings are like $17 each, the handypails, big ripoff, I dunno what kinda bucket Pipeman is talking about.

Anyhoo, I reckon 4 plants is ideal too man, it'll be like half of my bubbler crop, My crop is 3ft x 6ft, with 8 bubblers, and I get 2 to 3oz per plant depending on strain. I don't like SCROG though, It yields good, probably better than my yields, but its so fucking ugly.

Yeah, ugly? Oh well...The only ugly mj plants I've ever seen are those skimpy little shitty ones growin out in the middle of nowhere under a full rainforest canopy...oh well...

I'm planning on vegeing to about four feet and topping at about 3 feet..or just pinching the top until the sides catch up and then put the screen in and put into 12/12...I'm hoping to trim a fair bit of leaf off and letting them spread out a little before putting in the screen...then I'll vege them a bit more around the screen, tying down before changing the cycle..

when they get to about 20cm I'll preflower them to identify males and remove the males..then put them back to vege...I want some seeds though so I'll give that giberellic acid a try to get some male heads.. then I'll get some brown paper bags if I get any male heads and cut out the middle and tape over with some clear cellophane (making big windows) and put bags over the male heads when pods look like getting ready...I'll probably cut some holes in the top of the bags to let things breath...and secure the bags with rubber bands...leave them on to collect some pollen and then cut off branch when flowers have been open for a few days...hope I'll get some feminised seeds this way...fingers crossed..

Hey Mr. Putard, killing males then using acid to create male heads on females sounds like chasing your tale to me. Why don't you just put males when identified into a separate area with a couple of fluoros and collect pollen. Seeds less likely to be hermies too I'm guessing.

As far as the buckets, I bought 20L rectangular "Hobby Box" from Target for about $5 each. Also I'm sure I saw 20L big white round buckets at Bunnings for about the same. With lids. If not why not just buy a storage type plastic box and stick a timber lid on it yourself.

Here is a pic of the hobby boxes I got from Target. One roll of black PVC tape easily did 2 boxes. I cut the hole in the lid by heating up a steak knife with a blowtorch lighter.

post-9-1050956349_thumb.jpg