First Indoor Grow

yeah, I could do that...but I don't have a car...I'm a biker... And there are a couple of other things to consider in my design...

• my doors are only 80 cm wide

• ply doesn't come in correct size to do that

• when I move house I can carry everything myself...

• I'll be needing some doors on at least one side

• I wanted it modular so I can extend it and use a light rail...

how u going MR putard. may l suggest sum old door frames.found on any building site x 3. then go back later & get your sico paper\silver paper normally some lying a round. if not go 2 next site lots around. :o hang on dont forget duct tape. what l also found vary good velcro exilento. get that of any surfes shoes sandles\mums sowing draw!! cheers blueit :o if u have trouble working it out l could post somthing. lol but that strains my brain [bloody computers. cheers blueit Edited by blueit

Howdy,

love your artwork!!! lol

Anyhoo, why don't you just go with panda film instead of panels, I dunno what they cost in the city but in the bush its about $40 for a 1200 x 2400 panel, regardless of type, even particle board costs that much. You could wrap your grow in Panda Film for like $25. Then you don't need to buy paint either.

And the 44x19 will be no good, especially if you plan to have your res on top of your grow, you should use the 75 x 35mm shit for your uprights, just 4 of them, and then do the rest in 44 x 19, and then when you move just screw the thing apart and put it back together again.

Also I dunno if it was just your drawings, but the feed line between buckets and control bucket should be as low as possible.

Net pots only cost $2.50 for the 200mm ones, so $12.50 isn't gonna break your budget, especially when your spending money on Nute Additive's, there is no need for no additives, good nute's are all you need.

Guest GrowMad

I agree with White Cluster there, the 44 x 19 is not stong enuff to support the weight of the res on top.

The panda film is a great ideas as it's cheaper than the mylar and works nearly just as well.

Instead of a wood frame, why don't u use the pvc plastic tubing to make the frame, and cover it with the panda film like what White Cluster suggested.

Would be a very cheap grow setup and easy to assemble/disassemble. Not too sure how the pvc framing goes with supporting the lamp tho..

Hey all,

Whoa...I think I'll be busy for a bit trying out all those ideas...I think the main reason why I was goin with building a grow room out of cheap pine was cause I could just go to the lumber mill,,tell em what I need and get a courier to cart it home for me...(I don't have a car).. that's it...no need to go back and look for more stuff...

OK...now I've had second ideas about the whole build my own grow room because:-

1) It's not very strealthy..

2) I've got a builtin that I can use right in my bedroom (but ventilation is goin to suck)..

3) I'll get my plants goin before that so I get some returns quicker..

I'll still build that growroom cause I think it'll be fun to do..I'm still keen to use that pine and that all weather board but those panda sheets are lookin good too..

...here's a photo ...there's still buckets, bubblers, chains and hooks, some panda, ph tester and some seeds.

Anyone know how long it takes to get seeds from seedsdirect???

Oh well it's all comin together slowly...it's taking a bit longer than what I figured but oh well,,I guess it's worth the wait..BTW seeds are nirvana northern lights pure indica...

post-9-1049286998_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Putard

Hi there Mr Putard...

Why don't you just buy a cheap double wardrobe? :( The local Sammies Furniture store should have some cheap old ones and they are more than sturdy enough for growing purposes.... I don't know, it just seems like you're going to a lot of effort to make a small growroom, and you also want some stealth to it... A wardrobe, normal on the outside and growing ganga on the inside would seem ideal for you.... :( Or are you looking at building for other reasons? ;) Just my humble opinions of course.... Feel free to disregard my stoned ranting....

nononono...It's ok dude...keep them ideas buzzin...

I'd have to say that my primary motivation for building my own is just tha sheer satisfaction and entertainment I'd get from doin it...Wardrobe just seems a bit well,,BORING!!!

OK here is my new growroom...I just happened to find it in my bedroom...:(

Oh yeah,, those shelves just slide out...I'm planning on doing a scrog with the first one out and the second and third one the light will hang from..It's 2.5 meters tall in there...lots of room..only about 3ft x 3ft though...maybee I could have a couple of 2 meter sativas in there one day...whoa..

post-9-1049291118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Putard