Lets have an Australia wide march in each capitol city

I am in Tasmania, and would be willing to offer assistance as an anonymous supporter. But I will not go to any rallies/protests because they are a waste of fucking time. simple as that. If they worked then we wouldn't be in Iraq/Afghanistan etc, and Cannabis would have been legalized in the 60's.

I like Lukes idea of a coordinated education program, and I believe this would be more beneficial than protests/marches. We need the people that don't smoke on our side to stand up and be counted, along with stoners. The Government needs to know that normal every day people support legalisation/regulation. Non stoners need to realize that prohibition is a dismal failure and that their taxpayers money is being wasted. The only way for that is by education.

But.... First of all we need to decide as a movement what we want. I know that we all want different things and different outcomes. We need to decide on a mission statement kind of thing. we need to have resources/references already sorted out, in a neat and easy way for all members to utilise.

We will need someone to be the face of our group, eventually. Someone who isn't scared of having a bunch of bikers rock up and bash their fucking skulls in because we are trying to take their huge profits from them. Hmmm. Not this little black chook.

Well said Gibbo we should contact the site and ask if we can do this from here. If not I could suggest to hubby that we start up a web site and do it from there, that takes time, money etc so perhaps since he is now a member you lot could persuade him to do so. The money part could be a problem we are both having problems with work as we would have to go through a check and we will not pass right now, he has already lost a 100k position over this fight. So we are already putting our money where our mouths are.

by the way his tag is lightning, he will stir up the sleepers, believe me. :peace:

iamnotacop I have just thought of something we could do, lets put together a list of everything this plant can be used for and the benefits to everyone, give them out either as a letter box drop, attached to poles, in shopping centres, and ask the question why then is this plant banned and would they be prepared to sign a petition to have it released.

Just a thought

Cloner yep these are good, lets begin with gathering all information on the plant and what its uses are. Lets see how many people would be willing to put their faces on National TV, (if any) and what if anything anyone is willing to do. The one thing I am seeing is a lot of people who complain that this plant that we use is illegal, yet none are willing to do anything to fix the problem. It is always someone else's problem, they are only one voice and have no power.

Frankly I am a little tired of the grumblers I want action people, those who really desire to be able to grow, possess and use this plant whenever and wherever they want. That includes growers, lets face facts it is only a matter of time before growers get busted, so why not stand up and yell about the injustice, fight for your right to grow a crop that heals, clothes and houses people doing no damage to the land because this plant does not need to be fertilized or sprayed for pests (that's built in already). This plant is the most environmental plant on the planet.

OK of my soap box. I love ya all

Well perhaps a good point about this site, being a resource for growing (but not limited to!) might not help with the message were trying to send, but at the end of the day its where a LOT of stoners come and thats the base for spreading the word through that community... and when on a march it wont matter where they people first found out about it from...

As to those who aren't willing to show their faces for the cause, I understand the whole paranoid stoner thing, but why not try like the recent 'anonymous' group did to protest against the church of scientology? wear a mask in the shape of a weed leaf or something! as for the bikers etc worrying about profits, they have more reason to want to ah, dispose ofl Mr Rann.... he has literally made himself a prisoner in his own home.

Edit: I REALLY agree with doing poster/pamphlet runs/letterbox drops to inform the people more.... this table below that pipeman posted in another thread is GOLD!!

post-12158-1203583155_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gibbo

OK that is not bad except some of the information is incorrect, for example Anti depressants, are extremely addictive, have major immediate health risks causing severe anxiety attacks, emotional outbursts, suicide or feelings of wanting to suicide and much more. I know this because I was on them for ages and my daughter has just been using Zyban this was first an anti depressant, now used to assist smokers kick the habit, it has cost her plenty, including relationships, her permanent personality changes and so forth.

So if we are going to do this we MUST get our facts right, we must not give them anything at all to throw back at us on any level, if that is possible.

I will try to get something together early next week and put it up for others to check, give feedback on etc.

littlebit, I think its very important for you to consider how you address people. People will not feel inclined to join your ranks if you are speaking down to them. If you read some of your comments in this and other threads it is like you are a Primary School teacher scolding naughty children. People are much more likely to ignore you or tell you to fuck off if thats what they have to listen to. I know your heart is in the right place, but if you don't change your style I fear you will find it hard to get supporters.