Update!

Thanx guys! I do feel better! The chat helped alot too.

What ppl here do when there's a frost is either cover with sheets and blankets or get out before sun rise and wash the plants off with a hose. It seems the frost isn't what kills but rather the sunlight on the frost! It acts like a magnyfying glass, but if you can wash the frost off before the sun hits, plants will be fine.

I'm thinking sheets.

I've never heard of that clear plastic...any different than clear drop cloths? I think I might be able to rig up a hoop house and cover with plastic if it gets too cold too soon.

If it was just the one plant you see in the pic I wouldn't be so worried but there's 3 of them and the other 2 are probably a bit bigger, all trained down so every branch is standing straight up...

I'm going to try to post pix about once a week so we can all watch this crazy shit. If not for that old mother, I would think it was me...

B)

ive never used this stuff but sounds like what you are after.

Redpath Insulnet is an almost transparent knitted fabric for use in protecting crops from heavy rain, pests and frosts. Insulnet's permeable construction allows air and moisture to travel through it at a controlled but reduced rate. Insulnet is often used in low tunnel or cloche cover applications or as a horizontal curtain within a structure to create an overhead thermal barrier.

http://www.redpathaghort.com/films/insulnet.html

They do look thirsty... That's easily fixed.

After thinking and worrying over this I decided to go give one of them another dose of Green Guard.

Green Guard is harpin. Harpin is a bacterial protien naturally occuring in plants. It tells the plant it's under attack and needs to activate it's protection process. Since there is no real attack this causes the plant to increase its nute uptake, photosynthsis, vigor, and reproductive processes.

I can't really cover them without drawing attention to them. Two are now showing pistils. If it gets to the point where frost is predicted for more than a day or 2, I plan to do the old "tomato trick". Where I grew up ppl have contests to see who can grow the biggest or earliest tomato. The trick is... I take a sharp shovel and cut down about 50cm from the plants trunk. This cuts the outer roots, the plant then hurries to ripen it's fruit thinking it's dying.

I'm starting to get suspicious that "someone" in this house left the garage lights on all night a few times and is too afraid to admit it! Like maybe The Boy! :wacko:

ive never used this stuff but sounds like what you are after.

Redpath Insulnet is an almost transparent knitted fabric for use in protecting crops from heavy rain, pests and frosts. Insulnet's permeable construction allows air and moisture to travel through it at a controlled but reduced rate. Insulnet is often used in low tunnel or cloche cover applications or as a horizontal curtain within a structure to create an overhead thermal barrier.

http://www.redpathaghort.com/films/insulnet.html

Oh! Excellent! I have something similar out in the garage. For the girls in the ground that's perfect.

Thank you!!! :wacko:

I was going to say I think you have a light problem that is keeping the plant in veg

Not sure if I like your shovel to the root mass idea Granny? :D

I know how enjoyable sharing your grow is too, more power to you for having the guts to do so Granny, your a champion :wacko:

Aw, thanks Bufo, my dad could never figure if it was lack of brains or guts made me like I am, little of both I think. After all this, I wish I could actually share more than images. Frustrating...

The shovel trick is very drastic, but it does work on the 'maters, so I look at it this way, if the plant is done for anyway, no loss if it doesn't work. You just have to sharpen the shovel almost like a knife so it cuts clean and doesn't drag on the root mass. With 'maters, the fruit stops getting bigger and starts to blush fast. And I find sharpening my tools very relaxing (daddys girl).

Being sick with this cold gave me lots of time to ponder where the light may have come from and why only the 3, whereas the old mother is blooming fine. So I went out there in my jammies and sure enough, the old mother is in a place where the lights if left on, wouldn't touch her, but would flood all the others! That and I remember having light and timer issues with "The Boy" in the past. I put the plants where they are because there's a streetlight that's given me troubles before, so I'm thinking I've got it all covered pretty well...right, I forgot about these wildcards I call children... Live and learn.

So I mixed up some Green Guard and gave them all a dose. Hopefully that will help them go faster. I'm ready to cover them if need be, thanks to everyones help. And most important, I feel better having all the caring and support from everyone. In years past when I was all alone in the garden, I probably would have panicked and started cutting clones thinking I had to save them.

((((HUGS))))