Pruning/training

Hey stoners,

Just entering week 2 of flower and was intrested in what techniques peeps use to train or tie down there girls for better light coverage.

Will make a screen for scrog next time but for this one will just settle for a bit of bondage.

Also how heavy handed are peeps when pruning? or is no pruning best?

Regards Mr white

post-10857-1186401814_thumb.jpg

hey mr white, i dont tie anything down but rather grab a handfull of stem and bend to put a kink in it as to flatten the whole top of the plant. works a treat. it does seem a bit extreme but they handle it very well and rebound excellently forming big knuckle like knobs at the kink. i have even bent the stem until it has snapped but not all the way thru, just hanging on by a quarter of the strands and still grown a big bud.

the only pruning i do is under the canopy cleaning it virtually right out of anything but the main stems

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...15183&st=64

Yo Mr white if they are 2 wks into flower now then they wont stretch or have much vertical or horizontal growth left , moreover they will just start building buds ...

so i dont reckon training now is gunna make much difference .. 4 wks ago maybe , but

i like the ' kink' method like sunnycoaster explains , that works lol

:rolleyes:

Last time I tried topping by actually removing the tip and the results were good, except for the shock/recovery period.

This time I'm trying LST and it seems a lot better, I use thin galvanized wire and just bend it into a U shape, bend the stem down to about 1-2" above the clay and peg it there at the edge of the pot.

The side shoots take off straight away and by the time the main tip has turned they end up all even.

Jimbo :rolleyes:

EDIT - Nice room btw!

post-7898-1186407831_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimbojones5678

hey mr white, i dont tie anything down but rather grab a handfull of stem and bend to put a kink in it as to flatten the whole top of the plant. works a treat. it does seem a bit extreme but they handle it very well and rebound excellently forming big knuckle like knobs at the kink. i have even bent the stem until it has snapped but not all the way thru, just hanging on by a quarter of the strands and still grown a big bud.

the only pruning i do is under the canopy cleaning it virtually right out of anything but the main stems

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...15183&st=64

Very intresting concept sunnycoaststoner, works well aye, may just give it a go on a few shoots

I think i have left it too late to wory to much about it and not that i am.

They were from seed so sex was unknown and they spent 4 weeks under cfl whilst i was building my new GR so they were well and truly bursting to get out of my bedside cabinet cloning box.

Glad too get 2 girls.

Just before i finish building my new GR i said to myself, right when this is finished that it, only nutrients to buy from now on.

Get the room finished and looking at the room now think my 400watter may be too small, enough but to small and i will no doubt need to buy a cent fan instead of the inline for the sock.

I have a feeling that after those items there will be more to replace them. Will it ever stop?

Hope not :rolleyes:

Good stuff Mr White.

Scs method works well. If your just looking to open the plant up to give the lower stuff a chance to fatten with more light, tying and pulling the branches out will work.

I use a paper clip half unfolded, to hook around the plant then use string to tie off the end of the paper clip to the pot or a brick, whatever.

i have used many types of LST

started with tipping and although it gets some great results the shock that it puts on ya plants slows them down majorly and if you are gonna tip them 2-3 times expect to add at least 3-4 weeks to your veg time

the kinking method is a very good one as well as it dont stress the plant much and gives a top result of a fat bushy plant. Although if you are new to this method expect a few broken stems as you need to learn how to bend them just right. a tip for yas if ya break a stem upto halfway through, get some clear sticky tape and a match ad use like you would a splint and bandage has worked well in the past yet sometimes they just aint repairable :rolleyes:

what i usually do is get 4 pins and push them in my pots at equal lengths to each other and use these to tie my plants down and dont forget your stems will fatten as they grow so dont tie string to the plant tie the string to the pin and then thread that over the stem ya wanna pull down and then with the end of the string pull it to the desired position and then wrap the end a few times around the pin to stop it going anywhere this way as the stem gets fatter the string dont cut into it and cause damage to the plant and buds

but as already said if you 2 weeks into flower you have pretty much missed ya window

anyhoo good luck with ya flower period

cheerz

:idea: you dont wanna brake any branches the best way to do it is grip the stem between your thumb and for finger and give a squeeze and whist still squeezing then bend the branch but dont break it as this will pretty much fuck it

if you do break it follow my splint and sticktape idea

cheerz