First Timer Confuzed

hey,

Just wondered if you rinsed the coco fibre out before use. If you see a redish orange run off from bottom of pot after watering just remove the whole pot to a bath or basin and flush until it runs clear. Plant should be back to normal in a week..

Yes i did notice that stuff running out the bottom of the pot and no i didnt rinse b4 use but i will try that ..

thx

well its definitely a nutrient deficiency .. cloner could be right on, if the coco wasnt rinsed before using.. what ever is happening, the roots arent allowing the plant to take up the nutrients.. nute lock.. maybe caused from PH hot spots.. and over toxicity of the medium.. the curling leaf edges are a classic sign of a nute lock caused by PH fluctuation.. also the yellowing of the leaves is a sign that the plant isnt getting all the nutrients it needs...

i would think they might need a decent flush... also there doesnt seem to be any perlite mixed in with the coco... not that its 100% necessary but it does certainly help with drainage..

either way i think youll need give it a decent flush.. its good to measure the water before and after so you can get an accurate measure on how much nutrients are trapped with in the medium

hydroponic mediums certainly benefit from a flush once every 2 weeks... sometimes you can get away with out flushing.. but its probably a good practice to get into a weekly or fortnightly flushing routine..

nearly ALL hydroponic mediums will need to be properly washed before use... perlite leaves a lot of dust that will act like a silt and ruin drainage.. and even clog pours in the root system.. clay balls get a reddish type dust that can do the same thing, to lesser extent... coco gets a lot of fine dust as well..

well its definitely a nutrient deficiency .. cloner could be right on, if the coco wasnt rinsed before using.. what ever is happening, the roots arent allowing the plant to take up the nutrients.. nute lock.. maybe caused from PH hot spots.. and over toxicity of the medium.. the curling leaf edges are a classic sign of a nute lock caused by PH fluctuation.. also the yellowing of the leaves is a sign that the plant isnt getting all the nutrients it needs...

i would think they might need a decent flush... also there doesnt seem to be any perlite mixed in with the coco... not that its 100% necessary but it does certainly help with drainage..

either way i think youll need give it a decent flush.. its good to measure the water before and after so you can get an accurate measure on how much nutrients are trapped with in the medium

hydroponic mediums certainly benefit from a flush once every 2 weeks... sometimes you can get away with out flushing.. but its probably a good practice to get into a weekly or fortnightly flushing routine..

nearly ALL hydroponic mediums will need to be properly washed before use... perlite leaves a lot of dust that will act like a silt and ruin drainage.. and even clog pours in the root system.. clay balls get a reddish type dust that can do the same thing, to lesser extent... coco gets a lot of fine dust as well..

Thankyou

I will give it a good flush out