Online Cannabis Contamination & Potency Survey

Ha Ha Beat me to it freddie.. I even had the summary C&P'd for those too lazy to follow the link.. stuff it.. seeing as I've already grabbed it.

Drugs and Harm Minimisation Policy Summary

Treating drug use as a health and social issue

The Greens are committed to reducing the damage done to individuals, their families and the wider community by drugs.

The “war on drugs” and prohibition have been expensive failures, with enormous personal, social and financial costs. They have failed to reduce the availability or consumption of illegal drugs, and they have not made our communities safe or reduced police corruption. They have resulted in unnecessary criminalisation and incarceration, with enormously damaging consequences, particularly amongst Indigenous and young people. Prohibition and the “war on drugs” have increased overall costs to society.

The Greens are committed to exploring new, more effective approaches which treat drug use as a health and social issue. While we support criminal penalties for the commercial supply of drugs, we believe that the principle of minimising the harm done by drugs will be more successful than resorting to tough, law-and-order sanctions for personal drug use.

The Greens consider drugs as more than simply the illegal ones. Our policy includes any substance which can be abused, like alcohol, tobacco, petrol and steroids. The Greens policy does not encourage drug use.

The Greens support:

* improved drug and alcohol treatment and counselling services, partly funded from the tax on alcohol sales;

* ending criminal sanctions for personal drug use, instead focusing on treatment and counselling as more effective approaches to minimising the harm done by drugs;

* removing legal penalties for growing a small number of cannabis plants for personal use and an end to the use of sniffer dogs for general drug detection in the community;

* continuing the medically supervised injecting room, improved needle exchange and distribution programs, and a trial of heroin prescribed as part of a treatment program to registered addicts;

* supporting the prescription and regulated use of therapeutic drugs for medicinal purposes, regardless of their current legal status;

* banning donations to political parties from the drug, tobacco and alcohol industries; and

* banning advertising that promotes excessive alcohol consumption or tobacco use.

IMO That's some pretty good policy folks.. certainly the best being offered by any mainstream party that I've found.. and I've looked.

This is something to think about for any of us living in NSW.. the Greens don't necessarily need to win Govt, they just need enough seats to hold the balance of power (in both Houses would be nice) to start forcing some of their policies, at the very least the MMJ trial would be likely to get a start.

The banning of political donations from pharmaceutical, alcohol and tobacco companies would also not hurt.

with these questions from the original post. Once the survey concludes, i'm strugglin' to find how any positives can lean our way.

Indycar, I can defineately see your point. The headlines could well be "Killer contaminates in Cannabis: Your playing russian roulette" bla bla bla. The alternative is that they do the study anyway with no input from those in the know. The other option is that they analyse pot they have seized anyway. No doubt about it; they will find contaminated pot. If this is about harm minimisation I have no problems with it, but i can't be sure it wont be used for propaganda. Who can? There are opportunities to type in written responses. Perhaps this is a way of telling these people what questions they should be asking. i just question what is going to be achieved by not co-operating in studies that concern our lifestyle.

Yup i see ya angle freddie. Infact i used to have the same view until one day i got a visit. Dunno if you've found yourself in that position. But i'll let ya know it's pretty humiliating. Neighbours peerin' over fences, lookin' thru curtains and half a dozen cop cars out front. it's not a good position to find yourself in. After an experience like that, there's a fair chance you'll see things in a different light. I spoke to a lot of neighbours after the event and the general consensus of them was "Bloody wankers, haven't they got more important things to do."

So considering as i'm a law abiding citizen as much as lil old Ms Johnson, up the road. The only thing that differs is that i smoke a bit of pot for recreational and medical purposes because the last thing i want to do is end up on opiate based pharmaceutical drugs. And for having that belief, i get humiliated, front up to court and slapped with a fine that my family can ill afford.

But yeah, all the best to the crusaders. But don't mind me. iI'll sit this one out, if ya's don't mind...

:toke:

Indycar, I haven't had that experience and i can only imagine what a nightmare it must have been. I can't argue with that. I can't imagine how angry i'd be if i got busted. Hope it never happens to you again :toke:

oops nearly forgot. DownUnderDoper your research skills are always excellent. :thumbsup:

Edited by freddie

Alright, I've changed my mind (robbie, you made too many valid points :rolleyes: ), I think Talon should have done more research before compiling this survey. Until he returns and shows a true interest in learning more about mj growing & consumption, I'll be leaving the survey alone.

For fucks sake, he was in here, all he had to do was read some grow dairies and other posts to get a better understanding!

So c'mon Talon, hit us with a reply mate and set us straight, or at least ask for some input to help ya improve your dodgey survey :whistle:

Thanks for the 'Greens summary' DownUnder :thumbsup:

So we abuse this guy for asking for our input then get on our high horse and demand that he converse with us in here? Dream on. We've just been dismissed as a bunch of bitter angry dickheads I'd say, and although that may not be true, you couldn't blame a newcomer to the site for thinking that and not bothering with us again. :toke:

Dunno to who your refferin' to pipe, but can't recall where i abused him. I was aiming at the main establishment, no one individual. :thumbsup:

TBH, what these questions pose is one tiny piece of the entire subject. It's as if there scrapping around for dirt so they can continue with their "war on drugs". Fair enough, talon himself prolly wouldn't give a rats about the survey himself, he's probably just doing his job.

If the survey was about the pro's and con's of cannabis in general, it would be a different with me and i'd jump at the opportunity. But by targeting one tiny piece of the entire picture while not allowing other questions to be answered, just isn't playing ball in my eyes.

Even the Greens sheila challenged Morris Lemma to a debate on the bigger issue again. I'm nearly willin' to bet me left one that Lemma will be a no show, because he'd know himself his ignorance will be exposed and in turn look like an idiot for it. Just like the rest of them before him.

People like yourself and i pipe, know the truth that the positives of cannabis massively outweigh the negatives. Things like reduced carbon emissions, new building materials, feed the starving, assist medical patients, revegitate baron land, end of a blackmarket, better conditions for a cannabis consumer and so on. The only downside that i can think of is that a very very small proportion of the population may lose the plot mentally due to their own genetic makeup, if they smoke it. Substance abuse comes in many forms, not just illegal ones

Those subjects to me are far more important than what some mug wants to add to his grow for whatever reason. All i see happening with a survey like this, is things going south once again for personal cannabis consumers.

all I know is we got scientists who work for the government who openly admit they are ignorant on the issue of contaminated cannabis and are asking us to provide them with facts, and we are telling them to fuck off because we are pissed off with the government and things probably won't change. I just can't see the sense in taking that position. Sure things probably won't change, and if the report is pro cannabis it will most probably be ignored by the government if history is anything to go by, but by refusing to participate, all we are achieving is maintaining the ignorance of the researchers. IMO ignorance doesn't help our cause, it hurts it.

and aside from all of that, as mulcontent pointed out, wouldn't it be good to have proper scientific analysis of bud grown with different brands of nutes? :toke:

Their not going to see people's submissions as "facts", at best they'll be seen as opinions. As for the ignorance side of it, what have we faced since prohibition? The information is out there, we've gone over it time and time again.

And the nutes side of it, we're gunna learn more here at OSA, than what any document would be released from the government.

OK pipeman why dont you fill out the survey 50 times for the rest of us as well .. just shows how corruptable the whole thing is when one person can fill the survey as many times as they like .. what a JOKE !!!

then invite talon down with your mates @ nimbin Hemp embassy to compose some suitable new laws or recommendations :toke: