canna nutes recommended EC levels

hey pipeman re the water quality, i checked on the stats page prepared by the water authority for water analysis. in my area the water is 45 tds out of the reservoir. which is @ 0.1 ec.

this could be affected by the pipes perhaps (copper? or cement?) but seeing the truncheon doesnt register any reading im assuming its 0.1 ec or less?

i think melb is supposed to have good water quality compared to for example adelaide or perth - the water there tastes shit! and in adelaide its brownish (no offence to anyone from that part of the world!)

g'day; dose rate on my canna nutes is 400ml of nutrient per 100ltr water....i must also state that i do not grow in nutrient tank, i grow in pots and hand feed plants via watering can, in the 10 years i've used Canna, i have never had a problem.

if ya never tried following the directions on bottle before, then give it a try,it just may be right for you too.

growing cannabis is as easy as having a shit, don't make it harder than it should be.

it grows like a weed so let it!

id go by an ec pen over cannas recomended rate, just because all setups are different all strains like slight changes and the canna nute is different bottle to bottle eg aqua"strong" coco weaker and normal is mid way between the two.

In the past they have watered down some products so that also needes to be thought of if using the organics.

100ml of coconute per 20lt is alittle strong thats close to 3.0ec some strains would handle it but most wouldnt do so well without regular flushes. when canna recomend 1.8 to 2.4ec years gone by they have recomende 2.8 but not now.

Btw handwatering you may get away with stronger feeds as your not feeding as often as in a cocoponics or recirc grow and if your not using additives but with your ec is going to be very high.

Rhizo adds to ec

so does canna zym, pk and silica.

Edited by thc24

i mixed a 200lt rez today with 30ml silica majic, 400ml canna zym, and 550ml each of canna aqua A&B. the EC was 1.5 and ph 5.5.

i mixed another 200lt rez with 30ml silica majic, and 660 ml each of my 'other commercial nute'. the EC was 1.5 and ph 6.4

very happy with the ph buffering of the canna aqua. im going to leave the strength at 1.5 EC for 3 days and see whether the plants show any signs of underfert at that level. which is the canna recommended level for canna aqua at the early stage of flowering.

g'day; let it be known....i am no rep for any company whatsoever,i been using canna as suggested on bottle for years, only additive i've used on top of canna is "bonza bud".cannabis is the easiest plant to grow in the world...simple, keep veging plants in humid conditions between 21C and 35C and keep flowering plants in dry conditions (minimal humidity)at around 21C- 25C during light hours & below 20C during dark hours and you will have no problems.

purpling can be due to strain but also it is caused by cold temps in flower times.

if ya grow cannabis the same as you would any other plant you should have no problem.

cannabis is not as fussy and difficult to grow as you all seem to make it sound,but if ya want to spend ya money on heaps of additive that ya likely don't need, then who am i to stop the hydro shop from making squillions?

just an update as to EC levels. been using the canna aqua flores for almost 5 weeks. been following the EC levels recommened by Canna. 1.5 EC first 3 weeks of flower, then up to 1.6 EC with the pk 13/14 added for week 4, now been at 1.3 EC for week 5 till end. with canna zym added. cant speak highly enough of the health of the plants.

very nice colour leaves, no nute burn, size of buds coming up to week 5 is spot on.

ive always run my EC at 2.4. and was very worried about running my EC as low as those levels. but im a convert so far

the reason i changed is that previously i would dose my nutes up to 2.4 or 2.6 but when the rez goes down to 50% the EC would be up to 3.0 and then some.

running the cann aqua at the recommended dose (no higher than 1.6 EC), the EC stays at that level even when the rez is down 50%. ph is very very stable at 5.8 to 6.0 too.

keen to get home and post some pics for all to see