canna nutes recommended EC levels

nice little plaything, might even be useful as a guideline but i most certainly wouldn;t be basing my feed schedule on that.

for starters it doesn't take into account the many different types of hydro...

fuck Mushaman a firstime aerogrower on here used to have his readings off the end of the trunchen 3.6 E.C ++ and his results would hold there own against more than most here.

bottom line is play around find what your plants like best, they'll tell you if the need or dont want something just need to look hard enuff.

peace

c

i agree totally. when i put my nutes in they are around 2.6 ec and ph 5.3, by the time i top up with water 3 days later there off the end of the truncheon in terms of ec and ph up to 6.6 and im averaging 1.5lbs per 1000 watter no probs.

the thing that has me tripping is has anyone actually tried running there nutes at the low levels recommended by canna. everyong always thinks more nutes = more yield, but maybe were missing something here!

i think its time for a side by side comparison! im going to run one g-room with nutes at 2.4 the other at 1.5 with the canna aqua. i know what these rooms are capable of in terms of yield so it will be an interesting benchmark...

the ec that best suits your plants largely depends on your environmental factors.

What hydro system you growing in? Different hydro systems require different nute strengths. A clayballs/perlite system will require a higher ec than the same plants in a bubbler.

What lights are you using? The more powerful the light, the faster your plants will grow and the more nutrients they will need.

How often do you flush? What you run your ec at is often a balancing act with how often you flush. The harder you push your nutes, the more often you need to flush. If you go light on the nutes, the less often you need to flush.

What strain are you growing? Different strains have differient nute requirements.

At the end of the day you need to judge it for yourself through trial and error to see what works best for your plants. The instructions on the bottle are only a very rough guide for a starting point. :peace:

PS - You're meant to apply Canna PK once only in flower, not every week.

keepleft what a great tool that online grow guide that is thank you very much for that, i will be useing that alot coming up.. :peace:

I think that keepleft your right why do we run those high e.c in how systems , im about to go out and buy a whole new lot of nute and are going to try aqua and to there e.c levels..have any of you guys seen canna boost yet its new and would like some thoughts about it..

but as pipe said more your e.c is high more you have to flush and also your ph goes as well . that was a big prob i had having to do my p.h everyday..

chato they say you should also set your water p.h at 5.2 before you put any aqua in and you should have it rageing between 5.2 and 6.2 and to dump your water 7 to 14 days..

one thing that i thought canna fall down was its pk and in its a+b flower nute , i belive that it should have a higher potash in it. I have find by useing this for the whole time but when i did pk i got better flower and in the end better bigger buds..I belive that by doing this your plant will take more up over the time and if you miss with the pk you will be still ok as the potash as been there the whole time...this is one of the things that i did and belive that give me better yeild might not be true but i think it works.. :toke:

tt :peace:

really tt??

adjust your ph before addin the aqua?? i wouldn;t advise it cuz you'll more than likely be using ph down to get to ph 5.2 and then going to need a fuckload of up to get it back to 5.2. my water source is different to Oz and my current Canna Aqua bottle is from the US but i can tell ya right now if i set my ph at 5.2 with either R/O or tap water and then added nutes I'd need so much ph up my water would be cloudy and most of the nutes would be locked up.

I suggest you try it on a small amount of water first so you dont waste a lot of cash..

peace

c