canna nutes recommended EC levels

hi all i just picked up a canna pamphlet with the recommended nute strength chart for the canna aqua range.

it seems that canna recommends an EC no higher than 1.2 in veg and 1.5 in flower

this is way lower than ive always used with other brands of nutes, being normally 2.0 EC in veg and 2.4 EC in flower.

does anyone actually use canna nutes at the low EC as recommended by Canna? or should i ask has anyone actually used them at such a low level and found the recommended levels to be correct or are they a bit light on? i'm assuming that canna would know best seeing that they produce the product?

hey lefty, using canna aqua for the first time now and have found it does seem to take a lot more than usual canna to get the ppm up. in 15L of R/O water 50ml of aqua brings the ppm up to about 1100. from memory and i'm bit blazed now normal canna brings it up quite a bit more.

aqua also drops the fuck out the ph. i'll do a few better more scientific tests tomorrow and let you know the results but my early impressions are not good. also dont like the red colour of the water, i like my dwc water sparkling.

peace

c

hi chato

i just checked the canna dosing schedule for each of its four different nutrient products (see downloads at http://www.canna-hydroponics.com/)

in summary the MAX EC is as follows:

aqua - veg = 1.2 flower = 1.5

substra - veg = 1.5 flower = 1.8

terra - veg = 1.2 flower = 1.5

coco - veg = 1.5 flower = 1.8

even with the substra and coco levels of 1.5 and 1.8, these are still alot lower than what i understand people normally use for veg and flower (which is about 2.0 and 2.4 respectively!)

ill give the aqua a go at the reduced canna recommended rates and i guess ill soon work out if thats too low!

chato you are right about the cm with the old canna 1.8 to 2.7 . But for some reason they are now telling a diffent cf now . Becuase when i went to look at some i thought the same i always had my cf at 2.7..

also im thinking about useing aqua for my next grow why do you need hard water? no where on the pamphlet does it say you need hard water.

your help with telling me your thoughts on this woulf be great ..

tt

yeah chato i'm 100% certain they are the EC levels that canna is recommending for their nute range.

ive double checked them both on the canna website overseas and here in aus. you can click on the link above and go to downloads and check each of the pamphlets for each nutrient line.

two2time - if you have hard water you would have a higher EC to start with because of trace elements from my understanding. i dont think the canna aqua range comes in a hard or soft water version though?

ive always used commercial nutes from duralite which they sell in 500lt lots. and i grab 20lts for about $20 from them. ive always used 2.0 ec in veg and 2.4 ec in flower with their range. but there nutes are designed specifically for the hydro tomato industry in rockwool. they work a treat. ive decided to try the canna aqua in a side by side test just cause im bored and like to fiddle with stuff!

they must have chato becuase i know what you said is right and i also know what he said is true as well. Only because i was in the shop looking at them and reading what it was for aqua then did the same for canna a+b , at the time i thought i must have had it wrong i never asked them why it was . But i thought i had my e.c alot stonger than that .. but im going to ask next time now as i want to know what as the guts to this is..

tt

been speaking to guy in the industry today. he said running ec high as people do is not the way to go, especially in low humidity, high heat environments when the plant requires alot of water to move through the roots to the leaves. thats why canna advising to have the EC no higher than 1.5 for aqua and 1.8 for substra makes sense.

like he said, think of it commercially. why would they advise people to use less nutes! obviously they know the product better than we do.

same goes for the pk 13/14 he said. canna advises to use it once a week, if they were trying to make money they would say use it every week (like most people seem to be doing - contrary to what canna advises).

guess it cant hurt to try running the nutes at 1.5 ec and seeing how things go! im sure if its too low the signs will be apparent in a few days.

Edited by keepleft