Help With Growing Tomatoes ?

:peace:

Yeh , me too ... It turns me on ... I wish it were bigger tho. :sly:

:)

If ANYONE has any pics like the one above , Plz Plz Plz , show me ... Its hard to come across ... :peace:

Am I weird? :peace:

Anyway , I got another Pic for you ... You might have it , I dunno ...

post-8241-1155684452_thumb.jpg Kneel Before The One You Serve!

post-8241-1155683983_thumb.gif That Is One Stoned Tomato Man!

:toke:

O.k. ... No point in beatin round the tomato bush ...

I got Some nice cherry toms ... seeds from "Pheonix Seeds - Tasmania - By Peter Cundall (Gardening Australia)

Thx to Rhizo for the Info .. Cheerz man.

lol

Any Hints on Germination of Tomato seeds from the actual fruit? lol thx.

Since I haven't started my Grow yet , I feel bad ..

So here's some (I think) Cool Tomato Pics ...

post-8241-1156876657_thumb.jpg post-8241-1156876093_thumb.jpg post-8241-1156876146_thumb.jpg ... Nahhh , They suk , I forget where the good ones went lol. Don't bother clinking them .. they don get much bigger.

Jus a silly decore .. Sue me ... :doh:

post-8241-1156876249_thumb.jpg

And for your time all good stoners ...

Some Older Classical Pics of The Tomato Plant and Its beautiful Fruit ...

post-8241-1156877140_thumb.jpg post-8241-1156877279_thumb.jpg post-8241-1156877430_thumb.jpg

The last one is rather old .. the scetches of the Toms are intruiging ...

P.s. Yes , I still think that tomatoes and MJ are cool plants .. and Yes this thread does have somethin to do with Cannabis.

Bye 4 Now

Budman.

Better add the Pepper aye ...

post-8241-1156877861_thumb.jpg ... and Avo's why not .. post-8241-1156878010_thumb.jpg

(EDIT) - Oops. :peace:

post-8241-1156877323_thumb.gif

Edited by Budman2012

Hi, my son came home from one of those weekend markets last year with about 8 Cherry Tomatoe plants, which was fine when they were small, the same as his MJ plants everything fitted nicely into his 6x4 garden patch he made. Mistake #1, he didn't worry about garden stakes until the tomatoe plants were falling over on themselves with the weight of the fruit. The Tomatoes and the MJ's were having a race l think to see who would grow the fastest in the shortest amount of time and needless to say l ended up with a front garden full of little baby tomatoes, honestly l couldn't give them away fast enough, then finally around mid March they stopped bearing fruit. My son kept 3 of the tomatoe plants in with his MJ plants right through to the end.

He also tied one of his MJ plants down with twine and bent rods of steel, the same principle as for the ropes on a tent, he left the other MJ plant in it's natural state and l'm almost certain that he ended getting more from the tied down plant because the branches had more exposure to the sun therefore bigger buds.

He treated them both the same, same water, fertiliser, everything and they both were a sucess.

The root system for the tomatoes didn't interfere with the MJ plants and vice versa. there was no competing for water or nutrients.

l hope that this has been of some use to you and l will be doing the same thing this year but on a much smaller scale. ln any event, if you do decide to go ahead with it, l wish you luck for a bumper crop, of both that is. :thumbsup:

Cheers, :xcited:

:xcited:

High All.

Hey pipe , Cheerz man .. heheh , Ya tomato! :P

Hey MrsGreenthumb , Thanx heaps for that , sounds alot like what I will attempt to do.

Toms and MJ do seem to grow well together , I was thinking about them competing for space and Nutes.

But it should be fine. lol Thx again for your input.

Well , as for the plans for the gardens , I was gonna start tilling the soil etc last week ... But ...

Unfortunatly I will have to delay another week at least as the cows have broken in and trashed the original garden. :thumbsup:

Now Its going to be covered with mulch and rested until next year.

So we have to start up the next garden. Its next to the old one and can still see the rows but is all under grass and hasn't been used for over 2 years ..

So a bit of hard work will be involved , but ohwell. Hopefully the toms and MJ should be up and growing well By Mid November. :toke:

As for my Trellis idea (i.e. Budmans bed) It's still the go. Nothing too fancy tho.

I could just use chicken-wire for free , But I would like some nice new coated stuff , prolly from Bunnings.

Also I have to get out in the paddocks and collect a "shitload" of manure , this coming week , till it up with the soil I think I will. :) Yay Cows!

(Germaniting fresh Tomato seeds? any ideas?)

I heard squeeze them into a glass of water , soak for 3-5 days then dry on paper towel then plant. What you think?

Also I do have a few MJ seedlings coming up that I'm just testing My 250w MH light with ...

Doesn't seem as tho they have done quite aswell as they would out in good sun , But the growth is still fairly quick for what they are gettin.

These plants probably wont go in the garden , I may give some away and put some in the "bush" and try my luck.

Anywayz , Just a quick update on my sitch , Thanks for your replies and suggestions. :)

Bye 4 Now ...

Budman ... Out. (Chasing Naughty Cows out of the Garden) lol Yay cows!

:) lol

Cheerz.

Here's A great Tomato pic from 1940 - post-8241-1157267645_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup: I rented a property once and tried my hand at market gardens, I wasn't very good so I decided to plant a few girls in amongst the rows of tomatoes. All was going great but the tomatoes finnished their season long befor the Mj and died off leaving all these very noticible buds sticking up all over the padock. I ended up pulling them about 4 wks before I wanted to. these days I grow chokos, they are green long after I have picked the buds. :xcited: lol