Super Bud

Yeah, that's why they recommend a minimum 24hr, (or 36 better) soaking in nutrient solution to prevent cubes and other media from being sucked dry in the hydrating process.

Interesting to hear some peoples reviews of this, I've been tossing and turning about giving it a go, but I'll have to be strongly convinced that it would work in a recirc system better than perlite...

I soaked mine too, so it wasn't that, that fuct it. It was the fact that coco doesn't hold as well as fyto i'd say. It was an incident that could of easily been avoided by me keeping an eye on it in first 24hrs. I could of hand watered them for couple of days. And if ur going to do recycle, you'd only need to do for one minute every 6hrs or so i reackon. It holds a lot of water, yet doesn't over water. I've used it in autopots with great success also. The medium is wet all the way to the top. My current auto pot grow is in perlite, and nowhere near as good as fytocell. Top half of pot is dry, so roots are concentrated at the bottom. Plants look ok but i know i can get them to look happier. Edited by BentBuddha

guys ive set up the room with the fyto and grodan running side by side. with the fyto i put the 50lt bags in the cropbox and cut a small hole in the top then ran a pump into it and filled with ph adjusted weak nute solution. letting it soak 24 hrs then going to cut slits in bottom of bag and drain. then dump rez and fill with fresh water and rhizo for 3 days. then nutes. feeding 1min x 3 feeds over 18hrs. will take some pics and show u what it looks like.

ive found a supplier that supplies the 50lt fyto bags cheaper than the grodan slabs so if it works better then no reason no to use it for the whole setup!

a question i have is when they say you cant overwater it, does that mean it may be better to give it longer feeds to have more flow therefore keeping EC in the medium even to avoid salt build up as opposed to just feeding minimal amounts?

I've never done recycle with fytocell. Only run-2-waste. I've never had overwatering probs, and i flush with the hose from almost the beginning, once a week. So I dont' see why not. I dont' know if it will make any diff. It can only hold so much. The guy that put me onto fytocell never flushes it. I like to, just cos i think the plants like it. Also, I use Advanced Nutrients on it, ph 5.6 and the plants couldn't be happier.