Super Bud

Yeah, the h202 thing has been noted over time by several growers, and can be disastrous in some instances.

It is a complex organic chemical, so it's not surprising it would be harmed and possibly converted into something completely different if used with peroxide...

Have you tried foliar with the Rockjuice Keepleft , the PGRs that all these products are a derivitive off can be used foliar , this way there is no cross contamination with whats in the tank , mixing additives in the tank can go really wrong at times especially when you have something as volatile as h202 in the mix , I like to foliar all additives , its the most economical , its the most controlled and its direct injection :peace: ,, I think the least additives in your tank the better , foliar is the best way of getting stuff into small fast growing plants .

hi roadblock i havent tried foliar any of the PGR's during flower. ive used bonzi during veg as a foliar and your right it worked a treat and very economical. made the nodes super tight and the trunk became so think i needed a saw to cut it down.

with foliar do you use the same dilution ratio as you would in the rez? eg for rockjuice etc.

not sure if you have read any of my previous posts re rockjuice but last time i used it at 0.5ml per litre in the rez (recommened dose on the bottle is 3ml per litre recirculating system) and it worked perfectly!

G/day mate ,, Ive never used RockJuice so carnt really tell you anything there , but Id be suprised if you couldnt use it foliar ,, with foliar it works kinda different in that the mix ration is a little stronger but the volume way less ,, like Ive used Superbloom 77% Chlormequat at 5 to 10 ml per litre , but 1 ltr does the whole crop , works out cheap as I bought 5ltrs for $240 , thats a 1000 dose's ,,, will see me out :peace: .

At the moment Im battling Pythium again , let me guard down and wamo in she came ,, its vicous in the tropics when she starts to warm up , time to switch to expanded clay carnt beat it for airation but the stuff gets everywhere , on top of the other crap I do such as chem water treatments Im gunna try one of those UV sterilizers as the last man of defense ,, geez I hate Pyth :peace:

Take care mate !

hey RB i assume ur using rockwool like i am. i had the pyth problem too last summer.

have u heard of the new medium called FYTOCELL. u can use it instead of rockwool. it has an optimal water/air ratio of 60/40%. im getting a couple of 50lt bags tomorrow to use alongside some grodan slabs that i normally use to do a side by side comparison.

i spoke to the manufacturer today and the stuff sounds great. only a test will tell but from the research ive done they sound good.

the biggest benefit is the increased oxygen content in the rootzone and also that the medium is impossible to overwet.

have a look when u have time and ill keep u posted on the results. there a bit more $ than the grodan slabs though, but if they work then who cares

http://www.fytocell.com.au/

http://www.actahort.org/members/showpdf?bo...=%22fytocell%22

http://www.hortifeeds.co.uk/Hort02web/prod...yto_salads.html

I'm using fytocell with excellent results. Only negative i've found is that fungas nats luv it. Apart from that, it's a great alternative to coco. I can start flushing straight away without overwatering the plant, and the roots do get increased oxygen. Rather than using oxyplus, i run a pump in the tank that feeds up and back into itself, from a 13ml bit to a much smaller, so that it shoots water back into itself hard, agitating oxygen into the water. Just as good as using oxyplus, but you dont' have to go without all ur organics.

Yeh I read up on that stuff sounds real good ,, you guessed right Keepleft Im using Rockwool its got a good buffer in the heat of summer but its not good when you have Pyth as its just to wet in the early stages ,, Im going to go back to what I have always considered the best medium off the lot in Expanded Clay , just got to watch it dont dry out to much and its a bit messy to work with but considering the Pyth up here Clay will suit me the best .

Rod

im going to run the fytocell side by side with the grodan in my current grow starting this week. i spoke to manufacturer he said dont change your watering schedule, keep it as is.

bent buddha can i ask what is your watering schedule with the fytocell? also how did u prepare it? i was told to fill the 50lt bag with half strength nutes and let it sit for 36hrs before draining, then use as normal but dump rez after first couple of days. sounds like a pain in the arse to prepare! but im going to try it just to see if its any better than grodan.

its kind of expensive at $30 per 50lt bag, but ive found another supplier on either side of town who sells it for $16 if i can be bothered driving that far!