Super Bud

Any one use it I normaly use rock juice .But I have purchased Super Bud this time the shop where I got it told me I could use it at 1/4 strength by diluting it with distilled water and still get the same results.

I have also noticed with the R/Juice I only get heads on the very top has any one else had this problem?

Also I am out of ph probe cleaning solution does anyone know of any easily accessable substance I could use .(I am 60 kliks from the local hydro shop.)

scrog plant then you have only top buds and nothing to worry about.

sorry dont use bottled hormones mine now has no name 2 part of simular PGRs ( old formulation was know as U turn) flowers a alot faster and yes you will only get big buds where light concentration is high.

Ph probe cleaner never used isnt that used to store spare probes, i clean with a soft tooth brush and calibration fluid. Be gentle with the Wick if you damage that there is no replacement.

there are a few peoples using SB here wait for a better response.

Edited by thc24

Rock Juice, SuperBud, U-turn, Quick-Turn and all the other variant names (god there's a lot of em out there) are one of two things. Either Paclobutrazol 4g/l (height control) or Chlormequant Chloride 77g/L (flower production). Some contain both.

The dilution thing is interesting, as some have found better and more productive results using items like rock juice at much lower rates like 2ml/L rather than the typical 5ml/L.

The bud thing is likely a canopy shading effect. Grow shorter and wider and you'll get better development happening. SCroG in effect.

Get yourself a soft toothbrush and some unscented Jif (or similar, it's just got to be unscented and a cream cleanser). Gently rub around the probe and wick with a small amount of jif then rinse thoroughly using the brush to remove any excess that may remain.

Calibrate with two points and go for it. The cleaning solutions is some kind of acid, (I can look that up if you like) which cleans the probe. I don't think it would be easily replaced with something else so the best method I've found was that one above for general cleaning. That said, I still use the cleaning solution and storage solution once a month to keep everything in good working order. :peace:

Hope that helps.

Hey eternity, you realise you're member #10,000?

Omg 5ml per liter thats crazy for the suff i used both of above named substances.

Part A the Pac = 1 drop per 5 lt last time i measured 60 drops per ml.

Part B the Chlormequant .5 to 1ml per litre although 2 ml is the recomendation.

Thanks luke great info as per usual

i have used all - superbud, rockjuice and quick turn

i prefer rockjuice. the quality of the end product is better - resin content and smell is not destroyed as much as sb. and ive tried both rockjuice and quick turn on the same strain and all agreed the smoke was better with the rockjuice.

one interesting thing i found last crop is that i used only 1.25ml per litre (instead of the recommended 3ml per litre) in a recirculating system and the results were as good. i.e. stopped height completely and initiated flowering.

eternity the superbud is similar but imo the rockjuice will give u a better end product (and its cheaper too).

u will get buds at the top only with superbud as with the rockjuice. and it will stop the height instantly so make sure u get them to your desired heigh before u apply

and one important note is that if your strain or environment is susceptible to mold then dont apply the superbud until at least 2 weeks after going 12/12. if u apply it at 12/12 and u flower for 8 weeks and ur buds get fat and humidity high when lights off then you will have mold. even with silica. i apply it 7 days after going 12/12 but i keep my night time temperatures over 20 degrees to keep relative humidity @ 70%.

also there definitely a scrog product. very much suited to a nice full screen of rock buds.

but yeah im a big fan of the rockjuice over the superbud - not because of yield (there all as good as each each other for that) just because the end product has a high resin and smell content in comparison to the others. but try the sb and see what u think. it does yield well

u turn was the name but now its unnamed just

Part

a =Paclobutrazol

B =Chlormequant Chloride are the active ingredients but do have there own names depending on strength or brand eg bonzi/ payback/ i forget.

My last grow was without hormones plants took atleast a extra week to start flowering and a week longer to finnish. So the jury is still out on the use of hormones in further grows. I was expecting a big differance but all i noticed was that nodes where shorter.

Different shape bud, but smoke, odor and resin content was/is very much the same.

That was a while ago

Best be adding a pic or two

pic 1 current grow no PGRs two strains but Bigbud is in there

2. old bigbud grow at same age 3 weeks with "uturn" or whatever its called.

post-5631-1153155463_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1153155510_thumb.jpg

Edited by thc24