Super Bud

Hi kl,

Last grow wasnt at all a good test didnt veg long enough was expecting a heap of stretch without PGRs has been a while since i ve grown natural style.

Yield was down by about 25% but if room was packed like in past id think 15% would be about right.

there looked to be as many buds even looked bigger but when dry they dint have alot of weight, may also have been caused by a few little problems i had such as leaving the grow in someone elses hands for 3 weeks a exhaust fan noise problem so a down size was needed. :whistle: to my mate i was suprised to see them still growing well after two moves and lot of plain water feeds just when they would have wanted PK.

Good luck with the side by side i think this is the only way to judge once and for all.

thanks heaps over the months you growing and comments have saved me alittle time and testing.

Edited by thc24

I wish ppl wouldn't use that crap. Ur buds end up being rock hard hair fibre, with very little visable resin. Cash croppers love it, for the increased weight and shortening flower period. But the punter gets a shit product IMO. An oz ends up looking like half oz. The cash cropper doesn't care because he sells it all in one go. Also, I dont know if it is myth or not, but I've heard from a number of ppl that it's carcernagenic.

the rj end product is very resinous. yes its solid but it doesnt ruin the product as much as sb.

btw last crop i used 0.5 ml per litre or rj at 7 days into 12/12 and it worked great. (note recommended dose is 3ml per litre). the results were just the same!

but one thing i didnt use any oxyplus after adding the rj. and the results were nothing short of phenomenol. the buds were twice as big. i had a sneaking suspicion that the h202 was affecting the PGR and i now can confirm it does. dutch master mentioned this when they first released sb about the negative impact of h202. i still use the h202 up until going 12/12 then stop as soon as i apply the pgr. it definitely made a diffference.

another small tweak i found is applying a pk additive every week at half strength 2 weeks after flushing out pgr. therefore using from end of wk 3. adding every week until harvest. i found buds fatter than using it for just one wk at wk 5 at full strength

Yeah, the h202 thing has been noted over time by several growers, and can be disastrous in some instances.

It is a complex organic chemical, so it's not surprising it would be harmed and possibly converted into something completely different if used with peroxide...

Keep the working knowledge coming, and as many pics as possible of treated and untreated. I'd love to see a bit of a database of information regarding all these pgr's use and effects....

And the carcinogenic thing is quite possible, but really we just don't know. Which is why DM got a lot of shit for it a few years back.

It's used widely in the stonefruit industry, (paclobutrazol that is) apparently anyway, and is only deposited in the stone of the fruit, not the flesh, so there are no problems there. We aren't growing stonefruit however... I'd be interested to hear if anyone out there can confirm that, I've heard it a few times from different sources, and repeated it myself, but never really knew for sure.

btw, you can purchase pure paclobutrazol and cycocel from tissue culture lab supply companies, like austratec and phytotech labs. Muuuuuuch cheaper. :scratchin:

I wish ppl wouldn't use that crap. Ur buds end up being rock hard hair fibre, with very little visable resin. Cash croppers love it, for the increased weight and shortening flower period. But the punter gets a shit product IMO. An oz ends up looking like half oz. The cash cropper doesn't care because he sells it all in one go. Also, I dont know if it is myth or not, but I've heard from a number of ppl that it's carcernagenic.

This was 1999????????????,,,,They say worse about it these days............My thyroid is fucked from this SHIt...............This crap is why some people loop out on weed...............http://www.state.nj.us/health/eoh/rtkweb/2236.pdf#search=%22Chlormequat%20Chloride%20%22........................If you use it once on your plants you need to do it everytime or at about 3 or 4weeks in to flowering the plants start fucking up a bit (if you know wat i meen??)

Edited by LOGGER_KING

im just amazed at how strong the stuff is. recommended dose is 3ml per litre of rj in a recirculatin system. i have tried 2ml per litre, and 1ml per litre. and last crop used on 0.5ml per litre! and it worked just like 3ml per litre. that means a 1lt bottle with a 200lt rez u get 10 crops out of it. at $120 a bottle thats only $12 a crop! compared to $160 a crop which is what i used to pay for the quick turn.

very very happy with the resin content while using rj. they are extremely resinous. except for the fat and shortness of the buds you wouldnt know there was a PGR added.

ill take pics tomorrow @ 6 wks to show the results.

these are 6 wks old. rock juice at 0.5 ml per litre for 2 weeks in rez from 7 days into 12/12. thats 1/6th of recommended dose! 1/2 stength pk from week 4. average width of buds is 3 to 4 inches. very wide and and rock hard and very resinous. the key to getting em this big was not using any h202 after applying the pgr. made a big difference. there at least 1/3rd bigger than normal!

post-6789-1157818329_thumb.jpg

post-6789-1157818706_thumb.jpg