HELP!!! Nubie Fucked up already!!!

When I bought my HPS's I paind $195 for each with Ablite Ballest and MkIII Adjustashade (secondhand). When I got onton the topic of the bulbs I asked for Son-T's. But the Hydro store peruaded me to take LucaGrow. He said that the extra Blue in the Son-T's was just a piss in the ocean and more of a sales gimmick. He also said that most plants will veg well under Luca's anyway. He asked me what I was growing and I told him I was growing Chillis'

He said if you want the Son-T you can swap them but I recomend the Luca's. So I just took the Luca's.

hydro shop workers are usually full off shit and only out to make the most money :thumbdown the luca bulb will work fine, but the son-t actually has a better spectrum :smoke

Probably noone buying his Luca's, because there all buying Son-T's. So he throws the Luca's in with package deals to get rid of them. I don't even know what I paid for them. It was just $195 for the light shade, ballest and globe. Did I get ripped off?. It sounded like a good deal to me. I think the globes are about $80. So I got the light shade and Ballest for $115. I thought that was real cheap, so I didn't want to push the issue with the globe with him. I can always get the Son-T when the Luca's wear out.

I'm in the process of paying of a Lay-by on a third light. I can insist on the Son-T for this one?.

I can't help but think that buying a MH Conversion globe would be a good idea. One light fitting/Ballest to do two jobs sound like value for money to me. The conversion bulb is only $10 more.

I knocked one of my pots over last night while I was watering them. I couldn't find the seedling. So I just picked up all the soil and through it back into the pot. I've got a rplacement seed soaking in water atm. I only started 3 days ago, so this one being 3 days behind the others shouldn't be a problem should it?

Probably noone buying his Luca's, because there all buying Son-T's. So he throws the Luca's in with package deals to get rid of them. I don't even know what I paid for them. It was just $195 for the light shade, ballest and globe. Did I get ripped off?. It sounded like a good deal to me. I think the globes are about $80. So I got the light shade and Ballest for $115. I thought that was real cheap, so I didn't want to push the issue with the globe with him. I can always get the Son-T when the Luca's wear out.

I'm in the process of paying of a Lay-by on a third light. I can insist on the Son-T for this one?.

I can't help but think that buying a MH Conversion globe would be a good idea. One light fitting/Ballest to do two jobs sound like value for money to me. The conversion bulb is only $10 more.

I knocked one of my pots over last night while I was watering them. I couldn't find the seedling. So I just picked up all the soil and through it back into the pot. I've got a rplacement seed soaking in water atm. I only started 3 days ago, so this one being 3 days behind the others shouldn't be a problem should it?

you are probably right about him just wanting to get rid of the globes, bastards :D

when you get the lay-by out, or even before then if they are nice, you can insist on getting the son-t, if they say no, tell them they either accept your business or you'll take it else where and send an email to the accc for him forcing the lucra on you and saying it would grow bigger buds, that'll freak them out lol

conversion bulbs are meant to be really good, i havent used one as yet so im of no help there :(

how the hell did you lose the seedling? :D i wouldnt have given up looking if it were mine, but in anycase, that new seed you are sprouting shouldnt be that much behind :smoke

I wouldnt be worried, GE make good globes and compare with any other. the 400's put out arournd 41000 lumins and the philips son T plus puts out 45000, so even tho your are down a tad they will still be fine, and $200 for a complete set is a great price.... in any book...

it will be fine, altho for a sonTPlus they are only about $60-80 new.... fo0r the globe

In regards to the seedling, it wasn't really a seedling, and it wasn't really a seed. It was a seed that just cracked. I had a good look but couldn't find it amongst the dark soil.

I just had a look in my cab and nearly fell over. Some of the sprouts are nearly 2cm tall!. But some havn't broken the surface. I read else where that you're suppose to put the seeds in right way up. How the hell do you tell which way is up?. I just plonked 'em in the soil and just put a very thin layer of soil over them top. This is what happens in nature doesn't it?

I hope I'm not watering to much. I heard that was a common newbie mistake. I've made a make shift water can by drilling very tiny holes into the lid of a 2 litre plastic milk jug. I use water from the kitchen tap that is halfway between being cold (as is out of the tap) and luke warm. I try and guess it to be room tempreture. I'm using the full 2 litre container to water all 15 plants. So 2000ml divide by 15plants = about 100 to 150 ml per plant per day. Is this enough?

I'm flat broke atm, so I havn't got a timer yet. So they're running at 24/0. Is this ok?, or should I pull my finger out and get a timer to give them that 6 hour dark period?.

Thanks for your help Dude's and Dudette's. Especially the dudette's, did I mention Im single? lol