HELP!!! Nubie Fucked up already!!!

Read alot in here and on overgrow about sprouting seeds. Most people seem to just pop them in a glass of water for 12-24 hours till they crack and show a tap root. Then they place them in a Pot soil/Vermiculite/Perlite mix.

My seeds have been soaking in water now for 20 hours in a warm dark place, and nothing has happened. Should I start to worry?

::(: HELP!!! Nubie Fucked up already!!!, When should they sprout? ::):

sorry mate i find it comical that your panicking after 20 hrs ::(:

perhaps they have been in the water long enough, so either place them in the soil or whatever your growing in, but dont put them in too deep or they wont have enough energy to pop up

sometimes they can take a couple of days to crack, you can still put them in between a damp paper towel and check them daily to see if they have cracked before placing in medium

:(

:( woops, suppose ya right. It's just that I've spent every $ I have to get this going and I'm paranoid that I'm gonna fail. I'm about to go out and plant them now. How long till I see them pop up through the soil?

Someone told me that if ya put them in the microwave on High for 5 minutes, they'll come out a full size plant?. Is this true? ::): :(

::): yeah just 20 hours into your career..........

most people still fuck up 5000 hours into thier career.... i do.... and so does everyone....

ya havent fucked up.. some seeds can take up to 5 days to sprout.... If they havent sunk to the bottom they will be fine....

If they have already sunk best to get them in some medium, as Frazzle said. Other wise they will turn to mush after about 2 days...

I raise my seeds straight under a 400, in 1' rockwool cubes, in cups and they turn out fine...... just keep them moist until they sprout and the just week nutes.... have the light way up high...

I had to soak some of my seeds for three days before they cracked, just in a glass of water on top of the hot water cylinder.

Then I just put em in a pot of perlite, about 20mm down and whacked em under a 400w HPS with about a metre distance between the pots and the light. I put the taproot (little white sprout) facing down, but I really think it doesnt matter which way you put it, the plant knows which way is up :)

Good luck, I hope they turn out fine for you :thumbsup

Yeah, plants have this wonderful habit called geotropism where they know where to orient themselves by the pull of the earths gravitation. Plants in microgravity unfortunately don't have this experience.

I've found it's better to simply sow into perlite or grodan cubes rather than pre-sprout seeds, as if you damage the delicate radicle (the first tap root) you can seriously set back plants. Try using gloves or tweezers to handle sprouted seeds and be gentle as possible.

Hope that helps, and don't panic too much, usually it's just a matter of time.

p.s. keep temps about 20-25 in that water, too hot and you'll cook em, particularly at this time of year.

I gotta say guy/gals, it's good that there is so many people out there that will give you help and answer your questions and expect nothing in return. I'd like to thank you all for your help!. Alot of people in the world today don't give a shit about anyone else, and work on the Jack system, that is until they need help and expect to get it from you after they wouldn't give you the time of day. I wonder if Iemma ever considered that the Cannabis communty is full of helpfull friendly people?.

They say that you only get somthing out of it, if your prepared to put something into it. I hope that in time I'm able to help others on this board :).

Just to give you guys the heads up (Pardon the Pun) I've modified and old wardrobe. Painted the inside white. I did use PANDA film but had to take it out. I suspended 3 wire shelves on chains. I got the wire mesh from some cyclone fencing I had left over. The rough edged shelves were tearing the film. I used the wire mesh for shelving to allow air to be drawn though it and its suspend on chain, so as they grow in hieght I can lower the shelves away from the light a couple of links at a time.

I'm using a Fart Fan that was left over from a Bathroom Reno which should be more then enough ventilation. Each plant is under 2 18watt Phillps ALTO Fluro's at 6500Kelvin. Is this enough light?.

The maximum hieght I can grow each plant to before I run out of room is about 18 inches. I don't plan to do my entire grow in this cabinet. I've just set it up to germinate and vegitate. While I'm waiting for that to happen I should have enough time to have my Grow Room set up.

The grow room is 8x5 foot. I've already got the PANDA film ready. I've bought two 600watt HPS lights. I worked out that wont be enough light so I've put a third on lay-by along with a 250mm fan and ducting. I should have this paid of while I'm waiting for the seeds to grow.

In doing this I hope to vegitate as much as I can in the wordrobe under the fluro's (Blue Spectrum) and save on the running cost of not having 1.8kw of HID running 18 hours a day. Or should I just get the seedling kicked of and Vegitate under the HPS's?

Eventually this will become a perpetual garden. I'll take cuttings for clones and wack 'em in the wardrobe so that there ready after the last lot have harvested etc.

I will post a photo next time I'm on the net. I can't do it now becuase the doova hicky that I plug my mobile phone into to transfer the picture from my phone to the computer is being occupied by the modem, Fuck I hate being poor.

, mate,

2 600's will be fine, I use 600's and my room is 4x8 so they will stretch the extra foot, 2 1000's would have probably been better.

as for your wardrobe I would put a 400 in there. A MH if its just for veg, the flouros are good for clones but once they start getting bigger they will need the 400, otherwise when they hit the 600, they wont be strong enough and might suffer too much, also gives a stronger stalk with the 400 over the flouros...

I gotta say guy/gals, it's good that there is so many people out there that will give you help and answer your questions and expect nothing in return. I'd like to thank you all for your help!. Alot of people in the world today don't give a shit about anyone else, and work on the Jack system, that is until they need help and expect to get it from you after they wouldn't give you the time of day. I wonder if Iemma ever considered that the Cannabis communty is full of helpfull friendly people?.

They say that you only get somthing out of it, if your prepared to put something into it. I hope that in time I'm able to help others on this board .

Just to give you guys the heads up (Pardon the Pun) I've modified and old wardrobe. Painted the inside white. I did use PANDA film but had to take it out. I suspended 3 wire shelves on chains. I got the wire mesh from some cyclone fencing I had left over. The rough edged shelves were tearing the film. I used the wire mesh for shelving to allow air to be drawn though it and its suspend on chain, so as they grow in hieght I can lower the shelves away from the light a couple of links at a time.

I'm using a Fart Fan that was left over from a Bathroom Reno which should be more then enough ventilation. Each plant is under 2 18watt Phillps ALTO Fluro's at 6500Kelvin. Is this enough light?.

The maximum hieght I can grow each plant to before I run out of room is about 18 inches. I don't plan to do my entire grow in this cabinet. I've just set it up to germinate and vegitate. While I'm waiting for that to happen I should have enough time to have my Grow Room set up.

The grow room is 8x5 foot. I've already got the PANDA film ready. I've bought two 600watt HPS lights. I worked out that wont be enough light so I've put a third on lay-by along with a 250mm fan and ducting. I should have this paid of while I'm waiting for the seeds to grow.

In doing this I hope to vegitate as much as I can in the wordrobe under the fluro's (Blue Spectrum) and save on the running cost of not having 1.8kw of HID running 18 hours a day. Or should I just get the seedling kicked of and Vegitate under the HPS's?

Eventually this will become a perpetual garden. I'll take cuttings for clones and wack 'em in the wardrobe so that there ready after the last lot have harvested etc.

I will post a photo next time I'm on the net. I can't do it now becuase the doova hicky that I plug my mobile phone into to transfer the picture from my phone to the computer is being occupied by the modem, Fuck I hate being poor.

this is where it all starts my firned u have just learnt how to sprout seeds in a few days/weeks u will see another person ask the same question u will be able to comment on this as u have now learnt the basics of starting them off all everyone here ask of you is to pass on advice u pick up along the way to others who dont know the ropes :thumbsup this is why we have so many good members :thumbsup

i use to soak my seeds for 24 hours most if not all would show signs of opening up but i am starting to leave my seeds in water untill i see all crack open than i plant if the seeds still float after 24 hours they are probably duds first try pushing them down under the water to see if they'll sink

that bath room fan is probably over kill for two fluros but if its all you have go ahead also those fluros should do ur girls good for the first 2 weeks u can probably push 3-4 weeks ur plants probably wont be any bigger than 15cm

two 600's will cover a 8x5 area just keep plants within 8x4 as each 600w will cover 4x4 i wouldnt worry about the 3rd light unless u have an A/C but than again u wouldnt have room for this light as u wouldnt have any where to put it the 600's will cover all u need