HELP!!! Nubie Fucked up already!!!

Hi NH,

It's your grow space and you know it's potential. I think your ok with the grow shope dude. Just talk straberries :xcited:

It sounds like you have a steady plan. Pitty about all the intrusions (visitors). keep your head down and just don't tell anyone - just us here @ OS.... .... ...

Yep, If it is ther cost saving measure you on thee right path. Just a question about your fluros. In the pics they olook like "cool whites" - just your average house fluro tube. If they arn't just let me know. The light suppied to your plants may be a cause for slow growth rate. They will grow in surts oe week may not be the same amount as others.

Fan :

I set it to vent for 15 minutes every hour.
:peace:

Should do your job ok.

In the 3 days since I've done that the plants have grown more then they have an the past fortnight.

Well in the first 2 weeks of 3 they were using up nutes form there seed from those 2 small round leaves (thinggy ma juggy leaves). I have 3 week old sedling in atm. they have streatched a bit but doing ok. They are probably getting 20/4 light between the daylight outside and then in under 400w HSP at night where I have my current flowering plants.

They only 4" tall, have 2 sets of leaves. a bit leggy and just tossing the lowere small feeder leaves now.

Look pretty much like yours.

While I was taking the pics I noticed that the lowest and largest leaves on my biggest plant are strating to go pale with a little hint of yellow. What does this mean?

Coco is pretty touchy with young plants. I am feeding mine now at 1/4 streanth and only enough to keep them happy - perhaps about 80-100ml a day not letting then dry out too much.

In one of your post you discribed them as real green - they should be but a real dark green could mean your over feeding them. Young plants are a little touchy. So it's important to watch your PH stays in a range from 5..8 - 6.2. I think this is more so when the young plants are in Coco. Your pots are quite large for those plants so only gibe them what they need now. You don't want to 'super saturate' the coco (ie water to run off) .......... those pots wont dry out low down. Problem is that your plants sound like the need more feed.

As Coco has no nutes in it you need to supply all the necesacary food. I take it your measuring out your mix at 1/4 streanth as per there lable. I have my plants in 2" square pots & I don't water to run off.

Just enough to drink and enough nutes. Your plant will tell you what it needs or if things are going a bit screwy. It's up to you to spot the signs and to interpret them.

I yellowing of lowerleaves at such a young age (3 weeks) may, stress - may, be a result of not enough nutes. the other thing would be your PH - as I said you need to get this in a range even when using @ 1/4 or 1/2 streanth you still need to get the PH ok. I have mentioned it previously that by mixing it at lower levels won't achieve the desired PH range at a guess - that's where the gismos come in handy 1 trunchonto merasure EC and PH meter to measure you PH.

Have you been letting them dry right out. ? This will promote root growth & a healthy 'root ball', as well as hold them up.

Yellowing of leaves follows pailing of the leaves. Don't stress & don't do anything too radical you have time.

I think you have started out too easy on them with too little or no nutes after the first week in Coco. They are now figgering out a balance 'balance' between nute uptake via there newly formed roots. They will get there in spurts busting out evey few days. Look to your nutes and PH and don't overdoo things.

I've said it before in different way "Too Much leads to big problems(s), where as too little leads to a smaller problem(s).

cheers NH................ lol

Nitram,

Thanks for your advice. You said that they might be under nuted, and I was thinking the same thing. I was worried about over doing it and havn't started nuting early enough. I've feed them 6 days ago at half strength, and again 3 days later with Thrive. I wont panic about the one pale leaf as the Thrive I've added 3 days ago prob hasn't been absorbed yet and if I give it another hit with Thrive I'll make that common newbie mistake and over nute. So for now I'll sit tight and observe. I'm only suppose to add nutes once a fortnight?, is that right?.

On the topic of Ph I was going to pinch dads ph test kit that I spotted in his shed. I think it works similar to the pool type.

And the soil is just Potting soil with alot of bark in it. Not Cocoa.

With the watering, after 24 hours I dig down about 3" and the soil has just the tiniest hint of moisture. So I usually water every 36-48 hours when the soil is def dried out.

No worries NH - like you say sit back and observe - compost is like that, and is exactly suited for an easy life.

The information I gave you on floier spraying ES for Mg deficiency it looks like as you say just short on nutes. Now I know what soil/compost your using I won't make the mistake of telling you all about the perrils of starting sedlings in nuteless Coco. I habe never had Mg deficiency in coco.especially so with seeds.

Cheers NH :xcited: