Hey Folks

Quick heads up on my situation. Thanks to my lawyer, the charges have been reduced quite a great deal. I can't comment on specifics till friday, but I'm only looking at a fine, and possible not even a recorded conviction. Since the amount was under 2kg and the police had the onus of proving I had it for sale, and were unable to do so, means that I face a lesser charge.

It'll still set me back up to $1000, however I'm happy, considering I was looking at max 2yrs on the other charge.

Cheers

-Doh

some governments have realized that cannabis use is so much safer than drinking alcahol and they have decriminalised it or made it legal (denver, toronto) . Why can't Australia finally see the light and decriminalise it :) . Having possesion of marijuana is not worth a sentence let alone a fine. If they want to stop cannabis dealers dealing- LEGALIZE IT

glad to hear that youre punishment has been greatly reduced though doh :mellow:

To my knowlage marijuana or hemp first became outlawed in the USA because it was too heavy competition for the cotton farmers as hemp is a far more strong and better breathing material. Its prohabiition basically followed the trend throughout the western world.

If your looking fo legalisation on Australia then we will only get somewhere with a mass march or some sort of active protest which all smokers take part in. If you need proof to the effectiveness of this method then look at Black Americans Aussie Abo's and homosexuals worldwide. Even the homo's couldnt punch poo until they'd wave'd there flag silly.

Hey Folks

Well. Today was the big day. 3 months, 10 days after the shit went down in the first place, so it's nice to have out of the way.

I pled guilty to a count of production of a prohibited substance. Which is lesser than production of prohibited substance for sale, but more serious than posession of a prohibited substance...

What it came down to was that there was no evidence to support me selling and I freely co-operated and admitted my own use. Unfortunately the quantity I had prevented the police from accepting a simple posession charge, hence production.

I was fined $500, + $165 court costs. Got a stern lecture from the magistrate who was very lenient on me considering that the max penalty is still $50,000 and/or 10 yrs in prison. On top of that fine, my lawyer successfully convinced the magistrate to not record a conviction, which was the main thing.

In short, its come out as best that one could hope for, but it's still a damn shame to be charged with a criminal offence when you'd grown a plant.

My lawyer was a genius, and I'll recommend any stoner here in Adelaide to use his services. PM me for details if you ever get in trouble. If not for him, I'd have been pleading guilty to a much more severe charge, which in my case was not warranted.

Kudos to the police prosecutor for accepting the reduction in charges. The guy who was there today was quite cool, didnt protest against recording of conviction and stated that I'd invited the police and co-operated with them. It goes a long way I think.

I also wanna thank all you guys here for keeping my head in check, Messrs brash, and wantdachronic in particular, u guys rock. Support goes a long way, and if anyone here ever gets in a pickle, I'll be here to listen.

Anyhow. Time to relax for the first time in 3.3 months, crack a bourbon, roll a phat blunt and kick back. Feel free to join me folks! :bleh:

-Dohmar

Fees for Lawyer - $1000

Fines for Offence - $500

Court Fines - $165

Walking out free - PRICELESS!

Edited by Dohmar