Hey Guys

Quick heads up on the situation.

Court last Wed and was adjourned for the lawyer to dispute some facts, thankfully for the quantity I was cited for is less than a particular limit (2kg). This means that the onus is on the police to prove that the use of the cannabis was for anything other than my own use. If its over 2kg, the onus is on you to prove that its ur own use. Thankfully I didn't have anywhere near that amount, and it was wet.. so, we shall see what happens in another 6 weeks.... sadly this has gone on for 2 months, another month to go before I'm even close to getting it thru.

Even tho its been dragging on, I'm still happy I got a lawyer. I've learnt a lot from mine, and if it wasnt for some advice I would have just plead guilty to an incorrect charge. This way I have a chance of avoiding a conviction and a minimization of penalties.

And on the plus side, my bail conditions were lifted so I dont have to report to the police station every monday and friday. Which is a degrading experience considering I'm not a flight risk, merely a posessor of plant matter.

*shakes head*

I seriously fear what we'll have to face once these fascist terrorist laws come into effect. Who knows how many abuses of power we'll have.

Anyhow, once again I'll let ya'll know what goes on in 6 weeks.

Stay cool folks...

-Doh

Ahh I had boxers on ;P

No shoes tho. I wasnt about to walk over broken glass barefoot. Thats some Jean Claude Van Damme shit. So is the totally naked fighting thing but I dont do that commando shit B)

-Doh

PS If anyone wants a fearsome set of samurai swords, go to www.globalgear.com.au

Thats where I get mine from. B)

http://www.globalgear.com.au/prod732.htm

The top one was what I used lol

Edited by Dohmar

Sorry to hear about this Dohmar and i don't want to come across as a dick or anything.

But I would never give consent for the police to search my house. if they want to insist and push pass me and search it anyhow, hey i won't stop them.

Cops are good at intimidating but Cops also walk a fine line and they would have to argue their reasons for not needing your consent to search your house.

If they can't justify the court with their reasons a good lawyer can argue that is was an illegal search and hopefully get the case dismissed. Thats why theres warrants and they are NOT easy.

But that said, these new anti-terror laws could be a worry.

I still don't know why the needed to search your house, seeming that it was just a break in and attempted murder (they should question you but no reason to search your house). eh but as long as you get a good laywer, hopefully you'll only get a fine and not time. Hopefully you find a new place and start growing again. That sword is awesome lol

B)

Ur right wildflower, Its something I wanted to avoid but given the fact a shotty was fired at my place i was a little shocked to say the least...when given the choice between police help and police hinderance, I choose the former...weed be damned!

as it is, ill be drilling my lawyer hard to find out what rights i do and dont have here in SA and when I know, ill post it for ya'll to see....i doubt many people truly know what rights they have, which is kinda shitty ;\

the sgt who attended the scene asked me twice outside the house if i had weed and basically used words like 'we're going to have to search your house'....if they can get a warrant (and if they can, they will) you may as well just save them the hassle and let them have a look around (co-operation helps...i only got cited for one offence, it could have been 2 or three extras if I'd been a tosser to them..)

cheers

-doh

Fair enough Dohmar, its always just you verse 5+ cops aint a good thing.

That whole event must've been a bad buzz for ya.

It must be asked why they felt the need to search your home when you yourself seemed unharmed from any gunshot wounds? Nothing was missing, stolen. What grounds we're there to search your home? Did you REALLy give consent? Or we're you just consenting to showing them the damage that was done, not the whole house? B)

Make your lawyer work for you.

i've worked for community legal centres. That said let me give people a tip.

There is no such thing as co-operation to lighten the charge. More often than not co-operation can provide more information that may allow more charges to be laid.

Tricky bastards aren't they? Its their job.

Let the courts decide on whatever evidence they have and the proper procedures they followed is enough to substantiate THEIR charges and perhaps convict.

You can go through a whole interview where you either not utter a word or you play stupid and answer their questions stupidly but with cunningness. They will make you sweat. Just act like you have an IQ of 10 always helps.

THE PURPOSE OF A POLICE INTERVIEW IS TO GATHER FURTHER INFORMATION THAT MIGHT LEAD TO FURTHER ARRESTS OR CHARGES.

They have the evidences that they will charge you with. What you say at that point onwards can and WILL BE used against you in a court of law.

They can and will ONLY charge you with what they have evidence and proof for. Cops that go light on charges is a myth they charge you with what they have, including what you FESS up to.

I've heard so many police interview tapes. Where people bury themselves - a light friendly conversion ends with "right no worries mate so your saying your mate gives you a beer or throws in 10bux for a mix?" "

5mins later.

"We are now going to charge you with...trafficking."!?!?!

No believe me, its happiness all round, cops are happy your happy. you get home and read over the charges and reality hits

OH FUCK!

seen it, heard it..been there myself.

take it easy.

WF

And that is the sort of stuff we ALL should know

I sure as shit wished I knew that before. Maybe we should start a thread here for civil liberties? I mean this is something that is going to affect every citizen, not just pot growers. We as citizens need to know when we can refuse a request from the police.

I'm all for it. Ya'll?

-Doh

Good bit of info there Wildflower thanks for sharing that.

Dohmar, sorry to hear how things are mate. Did you say they had you for 22 baggies as well? No smoko in them, just bags? They are for holding my lunch your honour.

If they were full, then, well.. this one is for monday, this one is tuesday, this one wednesday... it's how I ration it out your honour B)

Good luck.