Why do "normal" people dislike weed?

Its amusing (and disappointing) to listen to people reasoning as to why weed should be illegal.

The usual argument is either:

a ) "Its illegal!"

or

b ) "Its bad for you!"

Both of which i think are pretty weak. Being illegal isn't cause for something to be illegal, and there are a lot of things worse for you than a bit of weed (ciggarettes to take the obvious example). Those arguments are usually countered by:

"Its different!", "ok...how?"

at which point they usually freeze and change subject :peace:

What reasons have you heard while talkin to people about the legality of cannabis?

What reasons have you heard while talkin to people about the legality of cannabis?
Usually they are just parroting what the government or the DEA are claiming, in my experience the "normal" people of this world are no more intelligent than sheep and can't make their minds up about a subject so they rely on someone in "power" to tell them what to think about it, pity those in power have no idea about what the truth is either.

:peace:

I think a more accurate answer is the political intimation that drug use is related to crime and health problems, and perhaps other evils. Those two are the most common arguments presented. They are way off the mark, but I think the fundamental part of my personal viewpoint is that making nature illegal is un-natural (thanks bill hicks for putting it in those words).

Its un-enforcable and stupid. Drugs shouldnt even be a criminal/offensive crime, if anything it should be categorized as a medical activity.

The fact is, most people fail to see the cause/effect relationship of the negative aspects of society and will quite easily say that its the fault of drugs, whatever they may be, and group them all together. Its a sad thing that people would group drugs such as heroin with marijuana, but most people just simply are not educated neutrally.

Sure, crime happens, and people who do crime are often under the influence of a drug. However, how come we never hear about the masses of people that smoke cannabis or recreationally take other drugs, and it doesnt interfere with their lives because they do not let the drugs dominate them?

Think of politics like TV. Its all about ratings. Politicians going after pot smokers is like big brother showing all sorts of retarded behavior by braindead idiots, and somehow it's supposed to represent you or me.

Sure, its moronic, but for them it works. because there are always a base mentality. its jsut a shame the base mentality in this instance is at the bottom of a toilet.

The health arguments have been proven to be both beneficial and negative. Smoking anything is bad, but if its gonna stop your pain from whatever affliction you have, then Im sure you dont care about the risk of lung cancer in the 40 years time that they usually average it down to.

We all know the health aspects of what we do, Smoking anything is just not healthy. But we do it anyway, so maybe we're smart and maybe we're not.

Everyone is responsible for their own decisions, which is why I personally dont like the law preventing me from making such informed decisions for myself...

I dont think most people out there are stupid, just mis-informed for the most part. A lot of people ive met on my travels are quite accepting of weed, and they live quite respectable lives.

I think instead of generalizing madly like most people do to weed smokers, we gotta step back and look at the cause and effects in a logical manner. Only after doing so can we change this misinformation that we all know and resent. An 'Us vs Them' mentality never works. See Iraq. :peace:

This mightve been a rant, but I hope ya'll got something out of it B)

Respectfully

-Doh

why do "normal" aka non-smokers dislike weed? well because they havent smoked it, if they have they probably had a bad experience the first time and have refused to try it since, politicians feed them bullshit, its technically illegal therefore makes you a criminal to use it in their eyes, in alot of cases they have seen family members turn from their loving 10yo boy or girl into a pot smoker at age 15 and think weed has stolen their child, etc....

i have got in numerous verbals over the legality, medicinal benefits, etc. of marijuana with everyone ranging from my mother to centrelink workers and my doctor...they all think marijuana was planted by the devil or something and quote scientific findings, etc. to back up their comments...its funny to look them in the eyes and say well 6000 years of use without a single overdose makes it alot more safer than an everyday panadol, to overdose you'd need to smoke 1500 pounds in 15 mins, to cancel out the harmfull effects of smoking you can cook with it, etc...they all get really shitty with me because i have more aguments for using weed than they do against and when they are told they are merely telling me what the government wants them to and all they are, are pawns, they get severly pissed off :peace:

the fact is there will always be anti-pot arse holes in this world :thumbdown the only way to change their minds is to convince them that their argument is for the wrong side and to get them stoned in a happy, healthy environment...if the arse holes relised it was all good like we have, i believe in no time their attitudes would change B)

I agree with most of these statements but lack the finger stamina to write out an entire verbal diarrea without being able to toutch type properly, nice essay by the way

:peace: i think alot of us could go on all day with arguments for use and why anti pot people are ignorant, etc. but like you said, we just dont have the stamina, too busy firing up :B):

jethroqwalrustitty, thats one awesome avatar, tripped me out pretty hard after staring at it for like a minute :P

why do "normal" aka non-smokers dislike weed?

NORMAL people smoke pot, people that are not normal dont, or they lie about it.

B) good explaination :peace:

reminds me of a song i heard as a kid about masturbation, the guy says something along the lines of "if you say you dont wank your a liar, a fool if you do, but just remember next time prince charles is on tv, that he's wanked himself too" ::P: