hermaphrodite

sols

http://www.cannabisworld.org/vbportal/forums/gallery/823723/Little-broSis-of-the-Hermies.jpg

what you see here is a branch of a hermie drying. .

, using chemicals like STS will force every female to pop put balls.

STS<<what is this.........................what you see here is a branch of a hermie drying<<<<<<<<<<<where??

OK I have read this whole thread and am a little confused...

I have a Super-Silver Haze plant grown from 'feminised' seed that has now revealed its true hermie nature... It is the only plant that I have so I am still tempted to keep it for a number of reasons.

1) I have no other plants that can be pollinated, I am certain that my surrounding neighbours are squares so no chance of spoiling anyones sinse crop nearby.

2) I have no other plants to use as a future source of seed.

3) some smoko is better than nothing...

So now my questions are;

a) I was expecting this plant to be feminised, now its a hermie will all its progeny be hermies or is there a chance of some girls?

B) Considering that it is from a good strain is it worth perservering to keep the genetics if it does produce a female heir? Can it be used as a parent for crossing with other varieties?

Thanks guys Im fairly new to growing and have a LOT of trouble sourcing pot lately (and huge $$$$) just want to have some nice homegrown buds for myself.

Any advice appreciated!

~S

Edited by Darwinbuds

Hermaphradites that appear during week one to four dont produce femenized seeds . you must grow a pure female and stress it out beyond week eight to produce a male banana . this is a (Rhoderized Female) and the pollen is taken from that male banani when it opens up and is used on the next pure female to produce the femenized seed.

the way they stress them out is by growing them for longer then the strains intended time say 9-10 weeks for a quick flowering variety and 12-15 weeks for later varieties. i Think you can also over water or under feed maybe

This must be done over hundreds grows of the same strain to be more female domanant.

sounds funny male banana.

correct me if im wrong i read this somewhere

Edited by psychoresin

Ok now Im confused and bewildered.....

I have one plant growing outside , about 40cm high and starting to get buds and has balls, no flowers yet, looking healthy, what is it : male or fem or herm ???? Damn camera cracked up will try to get photo to download here

Have seeds to grow but only want 2-3 plants at a time, have 2 small 6cm high plants growing now, also outside

c'mon Mongy, what say you to this idea?

Hermis generally express their maleness before their female bits. This could actually be Mother Nature's design, to allow such beasts to _more likely_ pollinate other members of same species, rather than self.

Of course, the case of a female forced into hermi is different. It has produced full female flowers for a period but no boys forces her to, ummmm, satisfy herself.

• Oz unpinned this topic