PGR: The Toxic Chemicals in Your Marijuana

I am new to this game. This is my first grow.

I walked into the hydro shop with no clue at all on nutrients. Told the guy I wanted something made in Australia that would look after the entire plant. He suggested sensi pro but I didn't buy it on the spot I went home and researched the fuck out of nutrients and additives.

I came to the conclusion that Sensi pro are high quality for a number of reasons. Their company mission is to make nutrients that give you high yields without the use of heavy metals or mined salts, exactly the opposite of Cyco the C U N T S.

They only offer 6 products in their line up. One for root health, One with silica for strength, a+b base nutes to use all the way for vege and flower, bloom nute that only increases EC by about 0.1 EC, one for finishing in flower and one for flushing. It's a simple direct line up instead of Advanced nutrients marketing trying to sell me 5 different products just for root health

If you follow their feeding chart the EC stays low. I am at the end of vege going into flower and my EC is only 1.4, I'm a beginner and I figured there's less chance of me fuckin it up if I'm not using products that give you high EC.

They are Australian. The money I spend stays in Australia.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Fair enough mate, it is funny you have picked probably the two worst companies to compare them too. But i understand they are popular and often get compared too.

Ec levels are all relative in the end, temperature and water uptake by your platns can affect tthe ec levels you wanna feed at etc. 

There are fair few australian companies doing base nutes nice and cheap. I personally am using at the moment for my coco plants, the medtek range which is australian, although I can't recommend them and I probably won't use them again for a few reasons.

If it's working for you go for it, I am personally gonna be running the mills range most likely in my next grow, already using there orthosilic acid.  

Keep in mind last time I read up about biodiesel range which is what i think you are referring to is there supernatural root tonic is a mix of plant biostimulants, enzymes etc. Can't be certain what's in it, in reality it is probably very similar to cycos range just in one bottle.

Edited by Frank Reynolds

Biodiesel is the product that earnt then the reputation. The Brand is actually called Sensi Pro. I am happy to try a few other Aussie made nutes as long as they work and I'll probably come here for advice as there likely to be a few punters that have already run it.

Not sure exactly what's in the Supernatural but it's not salt chems as it has no effect on EC. I put it on my seedlings and they loved it.

I use the Supernatural and the Aloevate as a folair and also in my res

Edited by buzzer

To be clear the sensi pro base is still synthetic salts, it just has organics mixed in. Most likely fulvic acid, which companies like canna and nutrifield add to their base nutes as well. They can say there salts are purest in reality they are using commercial greenhouse salts, just like cyco claim they use pharmaceutical grade salts, which just isn't true.

Mills use to be an Australian company under the name cash croppers i think hehe. Moved over to holland and rebranded

Also looking at there ranged it does seem to be more expensive, there a+b seems to be $45 for 1l set which is the most i've seen even h&g arent charging that much

Edited by Frank Reynolds

I don't know what that guy told you but 95% of the companies use exactly the same stuff

Maybe some minute differences in amounts

I use call pro by emerald harvest in flower A + B

Advanced Nutrients sensi pro A + B in veg

H & G coco works well in veg not so good the flower A + B

Nutrifield have a few good products