Bunnings soil what to do..plzhelp

I've used Osmocote Premium, bit of perlite, tsp water soak crystals, bit of chook manure (Bunnings), bit of coir - in cloth grow bags, fert with seasol - for 5 years now ... I reckon that works.

Its a fkn weed for chrissakes. Anything over and above bush soil and water is a plus. Don't over compute it. a0466d66a99cf6295bcb0a4f7fe0be54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I've used Osmocote Premium, bit of perlite, tsp water soak crystals, bit of chook manure (Bunnings), bit of coir - in cloth grow bags, fert with seasol - for 5 years now ... I reckon that works.

Its a fkn weed for chrissakes. Anything over and above bush soil and water is a plus. Don't over compute it. a0466d66a99cf6295bcb0a4f7fe0be54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Damn man that looks so juicy and nice haha. But that method is where I'm pretty well headed. Only testing the one bean and one died had to restart it's just gotten its 4 leaves and growing daily..still only been 9 days so far...how much longer till bigger pot and not the little green one I have it in (previous photos above.) And you're right I'm just a overthinker and like knowing everyones little tricks and tips as it's all taken in. Cheers man.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'm confused,if it's organic why are you feeding it,should have plenty of nutrients already if proper preparation is done

If you go coco and perlite, you will need to feed it daily if not more on occasion, hydroponic nutrients

Unfortunately the plant picks up nutrients at different PH levels in soil compared to hydroponics

So you got to go 1 way or the other

Yes coco can be use in some instances instead of peat moss in soil

This is it currently..I've got a pot ready with bunnings premium mix and wondering when I should transfer the plant from the small pot...also should I be getting any nutrients if so what? Wanting to keep it organic as possible. Your help would be appreciated.post-65314-157586938571_thumb.jpeg

Wait a bit yet,when the root structure fills that pot then change it up

There are no till soils available in 25 litre bag around,they are expensive v7t might be worth the investment

Worm castings never go astray when top dressing,a good mulch is also important if growing outside especially

There's plenty of info around here if you look for it

• Upvote 1

Hey mate, 

I know I am a bit late, if you are planning to grow outdoors, I'd highly recommend getting a premium grade potting mix from bunnings, make sure it has the red tick of approval as it means that it is held to high standards. Companies will try and pass off poorer quality potting mixes with synonyms of premium. But if it doesn't have the red tick it doesn't meet the Australian standard for premium mixes which is very high. I personally recommend Scott's osmocote premium potting mix as It has been the most consistent for me over the years I have been using it, and it is Pine bark based which is my preferred base for potting mixes used outdoors. Although I haven't really grown cannabis outdoors much in this potting mix I have grown a lot of ornamental/fruit and veg/cacti and succulents. It is always the base of my mix, usually use it straight from the bag unless I am potting up cacti etc.

Hope this helps