Medical Access

merl1n

Question

A couple of months ago I asked my GP about obtaining cannabis to treat my ongoing symptoms.

"Ohh ahhh, I don't know anything about the processes, I wouldn't know where to start..."

Being that I'm in SA and there being no clinic's here (our state Gov't (Liberal) still have their heads buried firmly up their own arses)  I thought the whole process would be a waste of time

I went investigating and found a clinic in NSW, who would go through the whole process online.

So after a couple of weeks of paperwork both from myself and my GP, today I got the call from the clinic and have had the initial approval.

I now have to obtain the approval from the TGA but from what I've been told this should not be a problem and should take less than a week.

The Dr I spoke to has told me that what he would be prescribing is a CBD and THC combination as my situation is pain related.

I asked the Dr about the cost of the medication itself as it is NOT on the PBS and I have to say it is NOT cheap.

The Dr himself would not actually tell me a defined cost but advised me to call the chemist in Victoria.

Upon doing so I was told $270/50ml + postage ($30), so $300 delivered. First thought "Fuck, it'd be cheaper to go buy an ounce" but have decided to follow through with the process.

At this point I have not been told of the recommended dosages, so how long that 50ml is going to last I am unsure.

I am also unsure if I may be able to get my local chemist to get it in for me or whether it needs to come from an approved compounding chemist, solely in Victoria.

So the processes have been started. The dr and the prepaid TGA approvals have cost me $550 so far (that's without the script itself), so let's see how much more it's gonna cost

When I have any further info I will let you all know.

Just thought others maybe interested

Merl1n

• Upvote 7

Hi Merl1n,Yes I agree with you the S8 classification of medical cannabis is total crap.

And yes I have been to a few of them pain management meeting as well an they did the same if you mentioned any thing to do with medical cannabis,The best reply was ,We don't know anything about medical cannabis an we are not about to fined out either so sit down an shut the fuck up about medical cannabis an stick with the good shit the morphine meds.

I would just be a pain in there ass a I would say if you don't know anything about medical cannabis  then you should read up on it an fined out what it can do for ill peoples,An how can you say that it is all bullshit about medical cannabis after all the information coming outta the USA  &  Canada  , An a lot more counties  an there  doctor agree with the information that it can help a lot of ill peoples but not all of them.[ NO F~!@#$%^&*king reply from them the crew heading these pain management   classes. 

Any way no sleep for this camper for the last 65 hr's due to pain an migraines Oh the joy.

Don't worry I will not start to dribble on. I am off to try an get some sleep as my migraine has stopped.

As the 2 ronnies would say ,well it's good night from him an it's good night from me.

Regards,Dingo-2008.

Sorry but there is no new up dates from me on my medical cannabis story,Still waiting on reply email confirming my payment for my medical cannabis medication oh well they never put Rome together in a few day did they :twiddle:  :twiddle:  :sleeping:  :sleeping: 

Hey Dingo,

Those pain management clinic are great if all you want is all of the theory. Practically they're as much use as a waterproof teabag or a fireproof match. "We'll give you strategies to be able to manage..." 'Strategies? ohh piss off...' Do you think I haven't tried all of the known 'strategies' I've got the internet too'. I've been managing this for years and then some counsellor is gonna tell me how to manage. I'll say it again "...ohh piss off...'  I'll manage all of this the best way for me, not them.

"oh well they never put Rome together in a few day did they"

No, but Rome didn't have corona virus neither and without a doubt that will only add to the delays. And then comes the reduced mail flights from east to west, another delay.....etc....etc...

For some reason unbeknown to me, we can't use the multitude of canna studies from other countries, we have to do exactly the same things again to prove canna as a med. Fuckin stupid if you ask me.

We better not get into a convo about who dribbles more, but I think you're fairly safe from ever holding that record Dingo lol

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

It really does seem to change between states.

Once the chemist sends me a sms saying hubbys meds are ready i ring through with credit card details then its sent express post. If i do it in the morning meds are here thenext day. (Im to lazy to drive to the Gold Coast to collect them).

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Hi crew, I received a email this morning telling me that my medication is on the way .

They posted it out this morning,So that was quite quick as well,I only paid for the medication on Thursday plus the last few days have been ANZAC Day on Saturday & Sunday & Monday have been public holidays,Very  impressed with there attention to my medication needs. 

Australia post tell me that it will most likely receive my medication in about 5 to 8 days,That's quite quick as I am north of Perth an it takes about 2 days for a item to travel from Perth to here an here could be any where lol..

I will keep you up dated on the progress.

regards,Dingo-2008. 

So what happened court day aqau

Haven't seen update

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Got it adjorned then found out that it would have been anyway because no duty lawyers and courts only hearing emergency hearings.

Going back in June. Legal aid said duty lawyer can take care of it because no chance of jail time.

No duty lawyers are being supplied in QLD atm due to covid19.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2