Heating issues - cooltube reflectors ?

Just an update - got a good deal on a second hand 250mm isoMax and carbon filter combo.... installed it yesterday and what a difference - was about 38 -42 degrees the other day. Now down to 30

Still need to increase my intake size as the room is vacuuming like an evap air con with windows closed in a house lol

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

I ended up getting chinese imports... 2x 240W diy kits. Only problem was they sent some sort of qb304 variant with 4 660nm red led which were problematic. Caused 3 out of 4 boards to have faults... but to their credit they sent replacement qb288s which it should have been in the first place. All freight was priority shipping through Toll so got here pretty quick. We'll see how well they go after the move.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I’ve heard people talking about diy boards - do u have any links or info mate ? Was looking into some side lighting

Thanks for the advice Merl1n

I’m just about to start scrogging a couple now - do u veg them while training or set the screen and flip them so they grow quicker and train them that way ? My plants are about 20 to 30cm out of pot from the top

Or would you recommend LST on the next grow from small clone/seed ?

I’m keen to learn - currently doing coco in 25L pots

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

I’ve heard people talking about diy boards - do u have any links or info mate ? Was looking into some side lighting

The chinese ebay seller i used are currently out of stock. There is another though that is slightly more expensive but I can't attest to their customer service or product.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264113115503

• Upvote 1

I start training straight away

Once shes got her 2nd full set of leaves I pluck the centre out of her, this does 2 things.

1) It divides the stem from a single into a double and 

2)Slows her upward growth rate, so she starts growing out sideways more

I use a heavy steel SCROG net about 2-3 inches off the top of my pot as my initial training net. DO NOT weave the growth through the netting or come harvest its a real TNUC. I push all of the growth under the netting using the weight of the SCROG net to hold her all down. Once my SCROG net is full/covered I turn 12/12, then allow the growth splurt to grow up thru the netting. I use 2 flexible trailer nets above my SCROG net to support the weighty buds above cos otherwise with the weight of the buds they end up facing the floor. 

Here's a link to my gallery https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10063-7/

There you'll find some simple scribbles/drawings of my growspace, waterworks setup and scrog table along with a few pics. Just scroll thru. If ya look closely at some of the pics you'll see the trailer nets doing their job.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

I start training straight away

Once shes got her 2nd full set of leaves I pluck the centre out of her, this does 2 things.

1) It divides the stem from a single into a double and

2)Slows her upward growth rate, so she starts growing out sideways more

I use a heavy steel SCROG net about 2-3 inches off the top of my pot as my initial training net. DO NOT weave the growth through the netting or come harvest its a real TNUC. I push all of the growth under the netting using the weight of the SCROG net to hold her all down. Once my SCROG net is full/covered I turn 12/12, then allow the growth splurt to grow up thru the netting. I use 2 flexible trailer nets above my SCROG net to support the weighty buds above cos otherwise with the weight of the buds they end up facing the floor.

Here's a link to my gallery https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10063-7/

There you'll find some simple scribbles/drawings of my growspace, waterworks setup and scrog table along with a few pics. Just scroll thru. If ya look closely at some of the pics you'll see the trailer nets doing their job.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Mate awesome Info only just saw the reply from a few weeks ago.

Thanks so much - going to start fresh in another month or so and equip myself right.

Thanks heaps !