What’s wrong with this plant?

PH might be a little bit too high, possibly causing lockout of nutrients, try reducing it by about 1 PH so your around the 5.5 - 6 mark.

No no, don’t drop your PH that low if your in soil.

Looks like nutes burn as the upper leaves that are still green have brown tips. You might might have burn all your fine white root hairs, which leads to the plant not being able to uptake food. So the plant has been drawing from lower / older leaves to feed the top. Just need to flush with water. And give it a light feed.

TBH I would repot into larger pots soon also.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

That plant needs nutrient. If it was mine and I wasn't overwatering the first thing I'd do is make sure the ph is roughly neutral. Then I'd get some chemical into the roots and magnesium chelate onto the foilage. All options covered in one go.

Whats is chelate? I was just usibg epson salts which is mg sulphate

Whats is chelate? I was just usibg epson salts which is mg sulphate

Chelate is just how metal ions bond I believe it’s a chemistry term.

A chemical compound in the form of a heterocyclic ring, containing a metal ion attached by coordinate bonds to at least two nonmetal ions.

In this case maybe I would say it is the same thing he maybe saying

Unless he is using magnesium amino acid chelate??

Edited by bakedcake

Chelate is just how metal ions bond I believe it’s a chemistry term.

A chemical compound in the form of a heterocyclic ring, containing a metal ion attached by coordinate bonds to at least two nonmetal ions.

In this case maybe I would say it is the same thing he maybe saying

Unless he is using magnesium amino acid chelate??

Woah, straight over my head [emoji3]

Maybe this will help. I know it's made a huge difference to my grow. It explains everything about molasses.

https://www.softsecrets.com/gb/grow/grow-reports/all-about-molasses-packing-on-weight/

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Interesting read. So molasses is easy ti source what about the rest and in how much water?

Vegging Microbe Tea:

• A source of beneficial aerobic bacteria??

• Ortega Extract. Never heard of it so no idra where to source

• Fish Mix- seasol?

• A source of water- how much

• 24 hours brewing time- luckily i can count [emoji1]

No no, don’t drop your PH that low if your in soil.

Looks like nutes burn as the upper leaves that are still green have brown tips. You might might have burn all your fine white root hairs, which leads to the plant not being able to uptake food. So the plant has been drawing from lower / older leaves to feed the top. Just need to flush with water. And give it a light feed.

TBH I would repot into larger pots soon also.

Thanks a lot mate, haven’t touched the ph yet. It’s between 7-6 the whole way through.

I think I made a mistake fertilising them in the middle of a really hot day... lesson learned lol

I’ve got 30L fabric pots on the way [emoji106]

Maybe this will help. I know it's made a huge difference to my grow. It explains everything about molasses.

https://www.softsecrets.com/gb/grow/grow-reports/all-about-molasses-packing-on-weight/

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Can you purchase blackstrap molasses from a regular supermarket?

Thinking of mixing with water as it says on this website and pouring onto soil and spraying some on the leaves

post-62962-154690962144_thumb.png

Can you purchase blackstrap molasses from a regular supermarket?

Thinking of mixing with water as it says on this website and pouring onto soil and spraying some on the leaves

attachicon.gifIMG_0110.PNG

Best bet is to get molasses from a health food shop, as most of there stuff is organic.

No need to wrap the leaves as the molasses is to help feed all your good bacteria in your soil.

As a plant photosynthesis it’s produces sugars around there roots to feed bacteria that break down ( N,P,K ) ect to a form the plant can use easy. They also help regulate the ph of the soil or medium around the roots.

Feed your soil plants hydro nutes will work if diluted at the right amount. But it’s easy to go over board and burn your plants.

If you have bought your soil from a shop like binning ect, most of them have slow releases nutes in it. So the best thing to do is to focus on building your living organisms in the soil. Buying a benifcial bacteria is a good way to start a colony.

I don’t push products, as a lot of them are hyped up. But I have been testing a organic additive called Mammoth P, it works talking well both in soil and hydro. And it’s super concentrated so you use like 0.16 ml per litre. It works great with Great White or what ever beneficial bacteria you use.

On a side note, this will be my last run using Great White, As I read a study ( will link when I find ) that shows Great White is a good all round B/Bac. However the fact it has so many mico is it that are not used by Cannabis, they compete against each other. For example there is a micro in great white that helps produce hard longer cell wall that is great for timber type of plants. Which sounds good however timber don’t have massive flowers at the end of the branches. So in cannabis it will give really strong branches in veg, but when it comes to flower they will have a weight limit. Once the flower become to heavy instead of bending like normal, it will break like you see trees in the wild. As a clean break is how the trees fight off infection unlike a bend break that leaves open wounds.

So I will be looking for new B/Bac soon. If any one has used out B/Bac please let me know. I have mates say NutraFeilfds ones are more for cannabis. Also they come in sachets so they stay fresher. As high humidity air can start the Bac.

https://mammothmicrobes.com

• Upvote 1