The pro's and con's of COCCO

The CEC in Coco means it tends to hold onto Calcium & Magnesium. The Buffered Coco has been treated with Tricaderma & Cal Mag before you get it.

As long as your water is 0.2 E.C. or higher you shouldn't need any Cal/Mag. IF you use RO water then you will need to use it.

I'm still not convinced Canna or any other's buffer the Coco enough, or if it is then just barely.

I will use Cal/Mag and Seasol and light Nute's when first flushing the Coco from brand new.

The Cheap shit Brick Coco or any unbuffered Coco requires Cal/Mag solution, and a lot of flushing to get rid of salts.

Running a mix of Coco and Worm Castings, I've found using slightly higher P.H. works best 5.8 to 6.0

Just never let it dry out, never flush with just water, flood when feeding with runoff, screen the Pots for Gnats and you will have no issues.

One of the only negatives of using Coco compared to soil is the Expense of Nute's and wastage from run off.

Should try a recirculating system buzzo, no waste then.

Yeah I'm thinking of how I can do it right now....Can't get my Nute Tank lower than the pots, so would need to run a scavenge pump with probably a small collector tank with the pump pickup a few cm's off the bottom to stop bits of Coco blocking the pump and plumbing.

You got any pics or links for ideas....I could raise the whole fridge off the ground, but that kinda takes away from the stealth of it all

Hi Louise,

I’ve not tried molasses. Do you drench with it throughout the grow?

Spraying silica/yucca foliar s recently. Trying to keep the foliage cleaner and pests at bay. Seems to be working for now. :)

Are you on rain tanks for water like that?

1tsp to a 9l bucket, I use it more during flower than veg. Maybe fortnightly in veg and a couple of times a week in flower. Mainly as a soil additive, I don't really bother with foliar treatment indoors. My leaves seem to stay pretty clean so long as I keep my prefilters clean.

If you are using calmag, rain water shouldn't present a problem... it only seems to present problems when other sources of micro nutrients are low.

If I can grow in coco any one can. I use molasses after the 2 week of flowering and think there’s a difference. I read somewhere that molasses is like using a “big bud” product just no nasties.

Louise, do you find the molasses adds something to the flavour of ya buds?

Dog

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yeah I'm thinking of how I can do it right now....Can't get my Nute Tank lower than the pots, so would need to run a scavenge pump with probably a small collector tank with the pump pickup a few cm's off the bottom to stop bits of Coco blocking the pump and plumbing.

You got any pics or links for ideas....I could raise the whole fridge off the ground, but that kinda takes away from the stealth of it all

Flood and drain maybe with an external reservoir? And you could use a second pump to pump out the tray after each flood. I do something similar with my hempys at the moment. The drippers water for 2 mins at 6pm and midnight. And the return pump goes from 6.05-6.08. Works perfectly in a flood and drain tray.