So much frustration spider v persi

Overwatering, heat stress, bugs in roots n a few more causes as well

The split stem leads me to think something in the roots maybe?

Check see if there's mould in the middle of that stem?

Any black on stems anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Inside stems looks clean and dry, no blackness- I ziptied together firmly to prevent further breakage.

No black on stems (inside or outside) I just sacrificed one to check.

I just raised the lights- incase heat is getting to it.

I'm thinking maybe circulation is too good and fan is too strong (although on 1st setting) maybe the leaves are wind burnt.

I'll turn the fan off for the night and see what happens..........

If that is 4 months old, something is very wrong..

Yep... that's what i thought :(. Was planted in april...

It's not wind burn

I'm suspicious of your medium, thinking u have issues in the root zone

Any unusual smells?

See if any grubs in soil , they could be deep n small

How u actually put the water in can cause issues as well, not getting an even spread of water

It's basically just running straight through

Lots of things to check

Unusual smells? Like rotting- No? But being my first grow I'm not accustomed to what smells are normal.

I did have a fungus gnat problem a few weeks ago. But I believe has been controlled with sand- & bacillus thuringiensis israelensis. No longer seeing little gnats. & after my neem and mavrik drench. The little buggers were dead all over the grow cabinet after it.

I always rough up the top level of soil looking for bugs after the gnat problem and haven't seen anything of late.

I put the water in with a small sprinkler watering can which is approx 1.5 litres in volume. Never feed foliage. I usually water in stages- waiting for drainage to be evenly dispersed throughout all bottom holes (have added extra holes to pot to allow for drainage, as earlier in the grow drainage was poor) I never water more than 2-3 litres per watering.

The plant is in a 50l pot.

Bearing in mind I'm in flower and am feeding (what I thought was lightly feeding) with powerfeed, green. Is N too high? Should I use something else? Any bunnings recommendations? I just got the 3 part flora series of general hydroponics... could I use theirs. Just thinking out loud.

Really appreciate the time and help. I promise I'm doing lots of research and am being as proactive as I can- allthough with the quality of grow thus far it seems I'm not haha. I hate when people expect to be spoonfed in these communities- but hopefully we can all learn together!

Biggest thing I have learnt with this soil grow is to use a proper quality soil... not the best you can get from the local hardware. The canna terra I am using with my new seedling is thriving!

Edited by jackiedevineinsunshine

Yeah I thought as much , unfortunately your root zone has been under a considerable attack

The reason u thought u had to feed it more was because of the gnats robbing it of any nutrients

So now there's probably way too much fertiliser in there, soil isn't like canna terra or coco, u just can't flush it out like them

The plant not going to do anything till u have resolved this issue

Saying that time is not on your side

You can do 2 things , leave it n try to promote some more root growth

The other is rip it out wash the soil of the roots , cut away ant dead or brown matter

Report it in canna terra , feeding ph water with a root tonic of some sort, seasol will do the trick

This MAY help u get a better harvest but it's going to take a lot longer

U will know whether it's working fairly quickly, it will die or start to anchor itself in the new medium

Good luck which ever way u go

PS I had to do similar with a few of mine recently for other issues, went ok

Better than it was going too

God, the idea of repotting makes me crazy nervous- being that the stems are brittle, knowing me I would cause more damage taking the net off.etc I just wish it would bulk up because I have the new seedling under cfl and sunlight (when I am home to move it outside) and want to get it under MH. But I am thinking I will be forced to restrict its growth, leaving it in small container until this girl is finished...

The gnat infestation didn't seem to be affecting growth all that much. I just thought I would treat it so it didn't get out of hand. Being that it was treated a few weeks ago and had grown okay after... It is only in the last 3 days that the leaves have been acting up- It even seemed to recover well from the recent mite problem.

If my pH and ppm of runoff is okay, does that still mean I have too much fertilizer in there?? That doesn't make sense :( what am I missing?

"I am currently feeding - 1x capful potash per week. 1x capful powerfeed with 1/2 capful seasol & 1/4 capful go go juice every 3-5 days. Straight watering every 3-4 days with 20% runoff & checking pH every time.

Trying my hardest :doh:"

I have always under nutrient fed, and never deviated from my routine (mentioned earlier) Would you agree this is a pretty conservative feeding schedule?

That's why I thought maybe I was deficient in something.

Edited by jackiedevineinsunshine

Yeah but maybe u shouldn't have been " feeding " at all

Soil , u water when required maybe a booster here n there , not continuously feeding

Who knows what left in your soil ?

So many ppl make the same mistake, put them in soil then "feed"

The food is already there

As I said b4 it could be any 1 of a whole lot of different issues all with the same symptoms

So not really knowing exactly what's going on u can keep trying different things n u might work it out

Or u just start again with a new medium, now u know exactly where u r at n slowly bring it back to health

Or leave it n take it as experience

Or use it to learn what u can n can't do in these circumstances in the future

Your not the first I've given this advice to n expect u not to be the last

Or u can just get another opinion