LED VS HID?

I know thats why i wont buy one and 300 is a cheap ebay one lol the ones hlg use for their par charts are thousands lol. Hlg have also had indepent labs, sphere test their 550 fixtures proving hands down they are equivalent to a single ended 1000w hps fixtures but only need half the power to get there lol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

like to see them test results lol 

Edited by pedro de pacas

like to see them test results lol

Pedro.....[emoji848] ive posted them here for you before lol in one of the seedsman threads from memory lol or they are on hlgs website....

horticulturelightinggroup.com

Wheres ya par charts for a single ended 1000w hps ?? lol

Pedro.....[emoji848] ive posted them here for you before lol in one of the seedsman threads from memory lol or they are on hlgs website....

horticulturelightinggroup.com

Wheres ya par charts for a single ended 1000w hps ?? lol

I remember now lol,  can post one if you like, seen a few out there 

I bought a couple of LED torches, very with them impressed so far, probably get some LED spottys as well 

I have seen the light  lol lol

Edited by pedro de pacas

Ok, so we have identified a few issues with LED;

Con's being;

1. Light penetration and coverage

2. Price compared to HID equivalent

3. low heat emission and consequently on par electricity costs with running a heater in winter.

I still see the advantages with LED and like Tunkers and Dr. Argon have already mentioned the results speak for themselves with their QB's.

That being said we have only just hit the tip of the iceberg in this discussion, I feel.

The debate between whether we should go with LED or HID in our present time is highly relevant, if ever before.

I'm gonna do some more research, because I just find alot of the information on the internet is simply biased. They are out to sell a product and will hype up LED grow lights to sell a product. However, there is a reason why alot of the Large scale (legal) operations in the Netherlands and USA are swiching to LED and I will come to that a little later.

• Upvote 1