How long until I'm harvesting?

Yes they itchy you hit the nail on the head , the more times u do it the better u get

This doesn’t mean necessarily that u grow better plants, but instead building up plans that prevent problems in the first place

Whether this is as simple as laying mulch to get the dirt n dust down, then again even better select an area where this isn’t a problem

Growing the same strain in the the same environment for many years I guess they were pretty tolerant any of any conditions nature presented except continued rain at the wrong times

There’s so much information out there for the inexperienced grower it’s hard to sort out the crap from the useful stuff

Some of the stuff I’ve read u know it can’t be true

Smell as itchy said is important , no one wants to smoke buds that don’t smell or look right

Again this is a skill that needs to be acquired not read about

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

no not stupid , that's you saying those words

it's cool for you to do what you feel & for me to do what i feel

no hate here

I felt stupid suggesting it and felt I was being spoken down to because I've never grown before. Maybe not the intention. Over the computer, you're right, things can be misunderstood. Either way, yesterday was hard and I was feeling quite sensitive. I don't want everyone to agree with me but I was beginning to get frustrated as I couldn't quite communicate why I want to do this until my head was clearer.

It's all sorted now. I will be doing something and if I think it works for myself next harvest, and if it works, I may share it if anyone is interested. But, you're right, Goog. It's my domain and the more I learn, do and discuss the more I can make decisions on what's best for my grow.

Think I'm set for information for a while now, so threads from me will be scarce unless I need a grow diary. Got a plan and I'm gonna give it a go and we'll see how it works out. [emoji41]

Edited by evatil

on another note you mentioned going through some shit at home so from myself and im sure the rest of the community we hope things pick up for you and your family and hopefully you can get back to focusing on growing some more buds and vegies, its always a great feeling to see newbies succeed and im sure you'll be producing some top shelf stuff before you know it,,, peace,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

on another note you mentioned going through some shit at home so from myself and im sure the rest of the community we hope things pick up for you and your family and hopefully you can get back to focusing on growing some more buds and vegies, its always a great feeling to see newbies succeed and im sure you'll be producing some top shelf stuff before you know it,,, peace,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Means more than you know, GQ. In an odd spot and it's thrown me a bit out of whack on my recovery, so please excuse me if I'm ever coming across as overly offensive or defensive or like I'm not processing what you say. Because I don't process words when I'm defensive or distracted. Only by sound. I can read still but I have to be incredibly interested in the written subject matter to process the information in it if I'm stressed or it needs to be very basic. Sensory overload due to stress. It's part of my old methods of defence before I started medicating my PTSD and learning how to manage my Aspergers.

They've been with me since I was very small, so it's taking a lot longer to stop it, but duration and repair has improved ten-fold.

I'm coming out of a fog that I've been in for as long as I can remember. Just bear with me if my freak starts showing too much. I'll rein it in quicker and quicker. Just watch!

I am intelligent, I do value other's opinions, I'm just learning to do what can only be done by doing.

Organic gardening -- the best thing to happen to child abuse victims with Aspergers and list of cognitive issues and specified traumas as long as ya arm, since ever.

I'm not just learning for me, but to now be able to teach my little people, especially the new tribe member.

I'm actually thinking I might be able to actually go back to my education and do well now that the stress will become managed and I won't completely meltdown at the smallest inconvenience and stay that way for days.

Well i washed some buds, just to watch the caterpillar's jump off,

if i open a bag of buds should i get a smell or not ?

or have i washed all the terps away ?

fucking hate coffee, smells like a dead wombat to me

gunna have a sniff in the bag in minute to see 

Yes pedro you will lose all the smell, they will have no taste, all the trics will piss off 

that's what could of happened 

but what really happened?

fuck knows hey, lol lol lol 

Yeah Pedro, they will lose their taste and smell profile. Even in the rain it happens, that's why unless you cover them up for the last 2 weeks outdoors or have no rain or dew, indoor buds will always smell more aromatic than buds that were wet within the last few weeks before harvest.

Terpenes are quite delicate little things where moisture is concerned, even humidity of where you're growing can mess with the ultimate smell and taste a bud can give when smoked.

Hear me out -- mist spray over your buds with a weak mix of lemon, bicarb, h2o2. Rinse over them with a watering can of rain water if you're really worried about the bicarb, lemon residue being left. Or wait until you're due for a downpour or a couple rainy days. Leave your plants out or uncovered and then cover or move them out of rain after they've had a decent rinse off. Do it all at least 2 weeks before you're looking at harvesting.

Lemon and bicarb are great for fucking bugs off and hydrogen peroxide stops bud rot from progressing. Try it on just one bud while it's still attached one day and let me know how you go, if you're a guy that likes an experiment. I'll be doing it with the next plant that's ready on just one branch and comparing the two. Also, plant yourself some pretty flowers around that butterflies are going to be more attracted to than canna flowers.

Will still get you the same amount of fucked up though. Cannabinoids aren't affected by washing. If you can dry in a controlled environment, washing them is the go. If you're just leaving them to airdry in a cupboard with no mind paid to the humidity in that cupboard and no light, you will have to worry about rot or slow drying.

Well i washed some buds, just to watch the caterpillar's jump off,

if i open a bag of buds should i get a smell or not ?

or have i washed all the terps away ?

fucking hate coffee, smells like a dead wombat to me

gunna have a sniff in the bag in minute to see 

you hate that smell huh pedro , i like it but don't drink coffee 

this is my point exactly , many strains have thc but only some have that smell " You " would die for 

would not surprise me to find out strains you loved the smell of & wanted to smoke all the time 

were strains with lower THC levels ,

cannabinoides are the engine but terpenoids are driven the boat 

for most strains there should be a smell every time you open a jar , many places to loose it though  

drying is the main place to loose terps imho , machine trimming takes all the outside off the plant 

leaving the triscombe heads within the bud = you only get a smell when you break the bud open