Dig cobs keen on imput

By more fuckwits like you

watts are watts, its a unit of measurement you cant change it,

or you would end up with shit like this

true watts, real watts, led watts, hps watts, mh watts, cmh watts, watt watts, and fuckwit watts

Thats true mate , just like par and lumen are a unit of measurement... lets forget about watts and look at par output and efficiency. So if a light can output the same amount of par or more than a 1000w hps , all be it using less watts... it's going to be just as good if not better. Its not the amount of watts thats feeding your plant photons... its the amount of photosyntheticly active radiation (par). And qbs and cobs are both capable of outputing a shitload more than an hps... and more efficiently which is where ppfd comes into play.. tells you how many photons between 400nm -700nm are falling on your plant per second in a meter squared area. Look up lab sphere test results for efficiency of a 1000w hps.... its no where near as efficient as some of the leading leds out there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by dr.argon

Me and me electricity company only talk watts

can we get a comparison between LED's and the SUN,

LEDS would win easy, i recon

Sounds like good old HID lights are dead like Dodo, or a Monty python parrot

what about the 315w cmh, are they any good compared to LED's?, got two of them, good replacement for a 600Hps

no idea what the rest of that gobblgook was, sounds like something out of a star trek movie, 

Thats true mate , just like par and lumen are a unit of measurement... lets forget about watts and look at par output and efficiency. So if a light can output the same amount of par or more than a 1000w hps , all be it using less watts... it's going to be just as good if not better. Its not the amount of watts thats feeding your plant photons... its the amount of photosyntheticly active radiation (par). And qbs and cobs are both capable of outputing a shitload more than an hps... and more efficiently which is where ppfd comes into play.. tells you how many photons between 400nm -700nm are falling on your plant per second in a meter squared area. Look up lab sphere test results for efficiency of a 1000w hps.... its no where near as efficient as some of the leading leds out there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4048233/

Hmmmm lots of point so far

But

I think not so much about watts but more about wave length and the most efficient way of providing this

No matter which way u put it the simple matter is the hps light is much more easily absorbed by the plant , whereas the led is of a wavelength that is not as readily absorbed

The is the simplest way I can explain it

If u really want to know the scientific reasons behind it it’s not that hard to find, u just gotta ask the right ?

No one ever has been able to produce more energy than was used in the first place so how can 300 w at wall miraculously be boosted up to be 550 over the plant , if so this would be the greatest leap in technology to date

Now I could be wrong , I think u need to thinking more about what light is best for indoors on this criteria, then let your space determine the wattage u required to adequately cover that space

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Depends, short veg small plants 8

Personally I think even what I’m doing ,4, is too many

I’d concentrate on 1 nice plant , think you’ll get more

1 plant = 1lb +

It’s was more rewarding both yield n grow wise with 1 / square metre

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I would think the only way to compare lights, is by how many grams of pot it can produce from a certain amount of watts

ie 1000w of LED vs 1000W of HPS, or else its apples and oranges, and means SFA

HPS still wins hands down,

For efficiency and the ability to produce a cost effective solution to more buds per sq ft

suns yellow so is hps that will do me lol

Edited by pedro de pacas