Cool tube

The 400w HPS runs hotter than the 315w

HPS is a hot running lamp compared to the CMH.

Its all about air flow and because you have a tight space the air flow u need to keep cool is a bloody lot and if the hot air is being vented into the same room as the grow all u are doing is recycling the hot air through ya grow area unless the air intake is from a diffrent area from the area the setup is all u are doing is sucking hot air back in...

• Upvote 1

I thought the CMH put out more light than a 400w HPS, the 315w vs 400w your burning 85watts of more heat with the 400w HPS the stretch is not because of your light man or the light being restricted either of those two lights in a cool tube in a 90x50cm tent is way over kill i experienced light bleaching using the 400w HPS in that space in the cool tube, the stretch might be because the stage your at in growth i have heard excessive heat causes stretch but it has never been a problem for me

if a plant is going to stretch it will.. just roll with it, you can tie it down, pinch and bend it over there are a lot of ways to maintain it just don't use PGR's to stop the stretch

• Upvote 2

What happens is with cmh with cool tube temps are good around 24-27(27 a hot day) but plant stretches so much I guess because of less light intensity so hopefully with a 400w hps I’ll find a happy medium , but until it arrives I’ll persevere with cmh in tube

Bloody spewin' we don't have that light calculator here still, CP. That way You could see how inefficient a 400w is compared to a 600w. From memory, the lumen output of a 400w is about half of a 600w.

Here, I found something to compare them. Then you might get a better understanding of what light intensity you could expect with the 400w.

post-10745-0-31446200-1519042673_thumb.jpg

If it's not too late, and you intend on having good extraction on the cooltube. It might be worth reconsidering a 600w and no longer have any concerns with light intensity.

What happened to the led you where using cobble?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

long story short .. quarter of lights stopped working followed by over 12 months of faulty parts being sent , ignored and more faulty parts I eventually told em to get f#cked , shame tho I do think it produced good buds but being an international customer just proved to be to difficult for them , still have it but yea , quarter of it not working