Cool tube

Fair enough mate. Was wondering where you’d gone and then when you came back what had cause the change to the 315w and now the 400.

From all the reading I’ve been doing about the cmh or lec I thought they where meant to be heap cooler than a hps or mh and produce better light

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

yea the lec seemed to be next best option away from led and performed well last winter when cooler , did seem to take a bit longer to finish tho I reckon , but having trouble with heat now we in summer so hence the cooltube , was only a week into 12/12 when I put tube in and the stretch was/is unreal but it’s a new strain so not sure if stretch was strain related or lack of light , so back and forth with reflector and tube this but too hot and have got tube in at mo ... now the plants out of control and restricting air flow from 2 4” passive intakes at bottom so still bit too warm , led would probably be better for my situation but pretty expensive, eyeing off the bud master from uk , anyway here’s a pic , any advice appreciated f6fb6d97a1fa38d58b6a9714a22d8d1c.jpg
  • Upvote 1

All I can add, is you might need a bigger cab. Even if you flipped it right now, I see you running out of room trying to finish it off.

I'd suggest a double door cabinet, make a screen to fit in it like you have with this setup and either the 400w HPS or both using the 315w in a dual cooltube setup (parallel).

That said, you would still get a acceptable harvest with just the 400w cooltube setup,. But yeah, most likely going to require 3 or 4 times the space on offer with this box, man. Sorry to say. :(

Edited by Indycar

Oh Shit.. a picture speaks a thousand words.

I can see why you scrapped that 600w advice. lol

Good luck with it.. ;)

All I can add, is a bigger cab would be useful about now.. Even if you flipped it now, I think you'll find you'll run outta room.

ha yea I flipped it 2 Friday’s ago when it was half this size , think/hope the stretch is slowing down a bit now , but still gonna tight lol hopefully the weather will start cooling down soon

yea the lec seemed to be next best option away from led and performed well last winter when cooler , did seem to take a bit longer to finish tho I reckon , but having trouble with heat now we in summer so hence the cooltube , was only a week into 12/12 when I put tube in and the stretch was/is unreal but it’s a new strain so not sure if stretch was strain related or lack of light , so back and forth with reflector and tube this but too hot and have got tube in at mo ... now the plants out of control and restricting air flow from 2 4” passive intakes at bottom so still bit too warm , led would probably be better for my situation but pretty expensive, eyeing off the bud master from uk , anyway here’s a pic , any advice appreciated f6fb6d97a1fa38d58b6a9714a22d8d1c.jpg

Hey cobblepot,

Plants looking nice mate...[emoji16]

You could lower your temps more by putting duct onto the other end of the cool tube, then have it drawing cooler air from outside your cabinet. Haha youd then need another fan as your extraction though, but itd would work wonders.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

This is just me, i would give her a trim than whats left tie it all down u still have good real estate left on that net remember u can put branch over branch etc when SCROG this is how the guys overseas pump out buds all over the place crammed in with buds right on top of the net you can also put in a second net to keep her under control

that little CMH is over kill for that space so u should see some really nice buds

• Upvote 1

This is just me, i would give her a trim than whats left tie it all down u still have good real estate left on that net remember u can put branch over branch etc when SCROG this is how the guys overseas pump out buds all over the place crammed in with buds right on top of the net you can also put in a second net to keep her under control

that little CMH is over kill for that space so u should see some really nice buds

cool , thanks

Gaz/Chrystal.. The plants were flipped two Fridays ago. Would you still recommend cobble to go with what you suggested there?

• Upvote 1