Carbons No-Till Try Out

Yeah i think as a rough guide you wanna aim for 35-50 watts per. Square foot so 560 watts would be the target for your tent man [emoji108]

Yeah, it was perfect in a 1m.

I maybe have it a tad high atm. They are only 5 days in this tent too.

Only light I have at the moment I'm afraid.

Should defo fill the tent so should probably look at that.

I'm glad you brought this up as I have been thinking bout nothing but the soil recently.

Forgetting a few fundamentals so I am. First tent run in a while.

So, it's a mix match. A greenpower mk2 running a Philips 930 in an enclosed shade. Horizontal. I forget the brand, it's probably not the best.

Should really do something at the latest for flower.

Obviously it won't be 9 plants then.

Cheers for that

• Upvote 1

Fabric pots could be the go with spuds.

Can't say for sure as different varieties.

Had a 30l pot of Desiree show a few on top when watering a few weeks ago.

Said I'd scratch around and got 5-6. Were delicious.

Harvested the rest of the Desiree 30l on left.

Dutch Cream in 15l fabric pot came close to total from 30l plastic.(on right).

Lots of small ones but getting hit a bit with potato leafhopper so maybe the Dutch was a lil premature

Next is a Desiree in 30l fabric.

Desiree flower a bit faster and finish faster than the Dutch Cream.

Dutch Cream seem less resistant to pests however. I'm thinking it will yield more.

More peat in this mix (maybe 65%). No rock. Dusted seed potatoes with surfer when planted.

Pretty happy! Yum yum yum!

post-59840-0-61934100-1544930013_thumb.jpg

No need mate.

Leave them in water for a week or a bit longer. Give it a stir every day or so.

It just melts into the water.

Kinda ready when it's fairly stinky, will only be small bits left in the solution.

I dilute a bit, depends how many leaves and water but was diluting 10-1 then 5 to one with no issues with a 10l batch with maybe half the bucket full of leaves.

I cut them down a bit too before but it breaks down fast be it in water or on or as mulch.

• Upvote 1

Ahhh gotcha... I was thinking of the bubbled compost tea (aerobic style). I understand now, you're doing the anaerobic style tea. Years ago I did that with nettle, but had actually forgotten about this method! Yep, it was definitely stinky lol :sick

I have a lot of comfrey growing outside so I'll start doing this. Will try your suggestion of 10l water, half-filled with leaves, and then diluted.

Do you use the tea immediately, or is it OK to keep for a while (like a few months)?

I have aerated it too, one time I had a compost tea brewing I threw an airstone in.

Didn't notice any difference. Was more to stir it up.

Yeah if u have it wild,get a chopping!

Haven't kept it more than a few days so don't know about storage.

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

Whats the method for using comfrey in a compost tea? Do you blend up the leaves into small pieces before adding them?

Compost tea is for the purpose of multiplying beneficial soil microbes aerobically as U mentioned. A comfrey tea is a botanical tea... You are separating the nutrients/growth hormones etc from the biomass into the water. It is not anaerobic either... Just a botanical tea. I make Neem and kelp meal teas all the time which are considered botanical teas as well. Anything plant based that you steep in water to extract the beneficial nutrients/enzymes/plant growth promoting hormones etc

Edited by DoNothingGarden
  • Upvote 1

Compost tea is for the purpose of multiplying beneficial soil microbes aerobically as U mentioned. A comfrey tea is a botanical tea... You are separating the nutrients/growth hormones etc from the biomass into the water. It is not anaerobic either... Just a botanical tea. I make Neem and kelp meal teas all the time which are considered botanical teas as well. Anything plant based that you steep in water to extract the beneficial nutrients/enzymes/plant growth promoting hormones etc

Also, 24 hours is a good amount of time to brew a botanical tea... Much longer and you may start to brew something anaerobic.

• Upvote 1