Carbons No-Till Try Out

Thanks guys.

I had better explain myself as rain is stopping play today.

Righto, the first thing I will say is with regard to the thread title, i guess the aim is no till in the appropriate sized volume of soil, or once you get to that point.

I do a lot of reporting and potting into bigger pots etc so have to rip it up a bit here and there. Have split bigger pots and used smaller pots to pot up too.

Not exactly no till.

Like learning about something ya take a bit here and there and see what works for you. Like Micmac said too, you can surprise yourself with some knowledge you didn't think you had but it was somehow called up when you needed it.

Anyway, just bear in mind I'm a rambling type and known to have a smoke.

C is for Comfrey. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Can't help liking this plant a lot.

I want to go as closed loop and as neat and simple as I can but also trying to get as much diversity as possible. Ideally with full organic inputs grown BM from the same soil it creates. Comfrey, Borage, stinging nettle are going to be my main ones. Some overlap and good spread or nutrient coverage there.

Have already have large amounts of comfrey and borage go through the worm bin. The bottom tray is nearly full. I still buy castings externally.

Only one original plant cut for roots to make 25ish viable root cuttings. Everything from a 5mm diameter root of 20mm long all grew, most from both ends so ideal for crown division down the road in theory.

I cut the comfrey hard.

Only just got to the point that I now have enough for the worms and heaps left over. So first batch of tea steeped for a few weeks and just put an airstone in it yesterday. Pics later.

Has maybe 15% Boking in the tea. Have just got the 2 Boking 14s happy. They have a deeper root apparent and wouldn't settle into a 13l pot for me, pot up and looking way better. The common comfrey will produce hard in an 8l pot.

Have set up a 250ish l setup that I'm going to use as a smaller comfrey rich compost area. Blue borage same family, use that a lot too. Stinging nettle seeds going in today also.

Alternate the worms with fresh and semi decayed and have been using pots for this but wanna move those duties to full ground touching so more worms.

That compost tea was brewed in that container as it held soil for ages and bottom was all castings. I added 2 handfuls of fresh castings. Splash of go go juice. 2x handful of Lucerne and a half a handful of peat. It's raining so maybe won't be used for a few days.

The 22l pots have a blimbern gsc and th seeds critical hog.......photos.......

Ok so they are a few weeks, transplanted maybe a week ago, outdoor from seed. They slowed a bit at transplant, maybe got too wet, etc but so what, photo so it will be fine even if I gotta supplemental light it to fix anything before flower.

Critical hog kinda broke in half at transplant and is only kinda starting again now. The soil is good, but fresh, a month old maybe since mix, Itchy mix. I'm happy with those 2. Some minor leaf damage but they are fine. I foliar sprayed these Neem a few times. Happy with how it's responding to the soil but I swear the new growth looked a bit light one morning only to look fine a few hours later

Genetics look good, tight nodes, pretty.

Critical hog a squatter indica leaf quite evident already. Hope I'm right cos I mixed them up.

So 7x comfrey cuts were growing. 4x square pots, 3x round. Popped in some of my best bagseed in same pot, kept control of comfrey until canna seedling got above it. Kinda abondoned them, had to move them to a shady area and they stretched like crazy. Thinking of topping the stretch out. Stem size is strong here.

Soil is only a screened bagged soil with kelp, companion planting, they !at be a bit hungry now but small media size esp with comfrey in there.

Anyway, stopped raining, gotta go!

Mate you no amateur Any more

You make some great points,I hope some ppl take note of attention to detail,whilst time consuming,the results speak for themselves

Remember u really only have to go to this much effort 2 maybe 3 times to dial in your set up, from then on it is easy as,with the added bonus of the information u have at hand to deal with any issues that arise

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

315cmh.

1.2m tent

Max fan pro 150

20l pots

Repotted and topped 5 days ago except one in middle.

All regs.

Bagseed on left and right.

Chunky Hairy the 3 in middle, centre plant started earlier. Been super strong from start. Stretched her out to keep it down.

Extreme green leaves, not nute burn. Was told about the colouring.

Swear I see pistils on 4 plants already. Some look very male like. All bagseed were super stretchy already.

There's comfrey growing in all the bagseed pots.

Plan to flip in a few weeks, try to even up canopy.

First all soil tent. Good size pots and really happy with the soil. Still gotta prove itself, see how it sustains a good flower cycle.

post-59840-0-37880900-1544790172_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-57963500-1544790206_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-34996800-1544790236_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-66340000-1544790277_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-12377400-1544790316_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, it was perfect in a 1m.

I maybe have it a tad high atm. They are only 5 days in this tent too.

Only light I have at the moment I'm afraid.

Should defo fill the tent so should probably look at that.

I'm glad you brought this up as I have been thinking bout nothing but the soil recently.

Forgetting a few fundamentals so I am. First tent run in a while.

So, it's a mix match. A greenpower mk2 running a Philips 930 in an enclosed shade. Horizontal. I forget the brand, it's probably not the best.

Should really do something at the latest for flower.

Obviously it won't be 9 plants then.

Cheers for that

Edited by Carbcon