First Time Grower - Outdoors, Vic

I got my coco and perlite from Bunnings. It was in the hydroponics isle. I bought the expensive pre hydrated stuff, but the finer blocks without ferts would do.. Don't forget to wash the coco throughly, until the water runs clear. 3 bags coco 1 perlite $100ish. 100 lts of medium

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

And yes if I had a choice of more then one local hydro shop I would have gone that way. But I feel pressured to buy whatever is on the shelf when I visit, it's not a comfortable experience.

Edited by ooodog

I got my coco and perlite from Bunnings. It was in the hydroponics isle. I bought the expensive pre hydrated stuff, but the finer blocks without ferts would do.. Don't forget to wash the coco throughly, until the water runs clear.

Thanks for this ooodog, so let me get this right here, I am using coco and perlite as the medium, no soil at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird at first but it works. Germ your seeds using the paper towel method. But others here are more experienced. I went straight into my final pot which added about a month to my grow. With coco/perlite you will need to give nutrients early in the grow, one disadvantage over soil, and get nutes that are made for coco/soilless mediums.

Sorry BB, just reread the thread, I'm growing indoors. Sorry, I've lead you astray. Not sure how it would work outdoors. Shit really sorry.

Edited by ooodog

It's weird at first but it works. Germ your seeds using the paper towel method. But others here are more experienced. I went straight into my final pot which added about a month to my grow. With coco/perlite you will need to give nutrients early in the grow, one disadvantage over soil, and get nutes that are made for coco/soilless mediums.

Sorry BB, just reread the thread, I'm growing indoors. Sorry, I've lead you astray. Not sure how it would work outdoors. Shit really sorry.

Ahaha all good! So coco is more for indoor grows then outdoors?

Okay everyone,

I have re potted both plants (into larger rocket pots too).

Both plants had HEAPS of roots, and I didn’t see many bugs at all, but I’m glad I did this. I removed all soil and gently rinsed the roots clean. It took quite a while haha

I have given them a good watering with seasol and they are now sitting outside (and will probably get rained on all tonight)

Fingers crossed this helps and these guys can bounce back real strong for me.

I must say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has given me advice and help throughout this process. It’s been a huge learning curve for me and I’m positive these plants would have completely died without your help.

Now, I am under the impression that I should be leaving as many of the leaves on theses plants as possible right? Even if they are damaged and discolored? Just till the plant fully recovers? Or should I be removing them to conserve the energy the plants need to use?

Here are some new photos:

Plant 1:

fb072d3b62555002f746d741959b9a83.jpg

1dfaff361051bfa80d81647024e5e905.jpg

Plant 2:

552c4fb7b449d7d718887796be76ba0e.jpg

9d3d53e7f0200efe5d76728a2ba741aa.jpg

8ca4cd61293ab226af2964b7b686a54a.jpg

Cheers for everything

BB

Beautiful BB job well done and plants look pretty good and the rain will give them a real boost to,leaves, if leaves have some green then leave them be if there yellow all over then pluck them off,cant wait to see them in another week or two i think there going to kick back nicely, cheers BB,,,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app