CMH 315w VS 400w HPS Heat?

There's been a marketing tactic that been around a few years now where they like to say something was either researched and/or designed in a particular country. Then in fine print you'll see it's been made in China or similar.

For example, The Solar Panels I have were Designed and built to German specs, but they were manufactured in China. Fuckers.. :D

:bongon:

@pedro

@traviss

Fools... the Hi Par is manufactured in.....

Drum roll please....

PRC

Looks like that pretty Hi Par logo is costing $400 lol lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Its not where its made... Its who does the quality control and Australian standards inspections.. IMO anything direct from China is a copy of a quality product and made cheap with inferior parts.. The risk is yours ,but I would rather pay a few dollars more for Australian standards certified... Than take a risk with dodgy chinese copies... And the Globes in the chinese shit are factory lights .. I stick with Phillips because I trust them. Add 180 to a chinses light and what do you know similar price..  

Sounds as if you're getting your wires crossed with counterfeit stuff, Traviss. Because a lot of stuff made in China meets Australian Certification/s, and it won't/shouldn't see the Australian retail/wholesale market without it. Whereas, quite a few Chinese manufactures do also make counterfeit stuff Like, ipods, nike shoes, clothes, and even recall a Sportscar knock off, that is sold on the blackmarket.

As for Philips Son-t's, I think they're manufactured in the Netherlands (from memory). I could be wrong though.

Sounds as if you're getting your wires crossed with counterfeit stuff, Traviss. Because a lot of stuff made in China meets Australian Certification/s, and it won't/shouldn't see the Australian retail/wholesale market without it. Whereas, quite a few Chinese manufactures do also make counterfeit stuff Like, ipods, nike shoes, clothes, and even recall a Sportscar knock off, that is sold on the blackmarket.

As for Philips Son-t's, I think they're manufactured in the Netherlands (from memory). I could be wrong though.

Im talking ebay direct and albaba crap ..Not in Australian stores. I have been burnt / shocked before with Chinese direct crap and I was unable to claim insurance because it was chinese ebay shit. ( Before its pointed out ...It was Marine Aquarium lights Vipaspectra Aquarium and it shorted out popped the fuses and I lost many pets. I also got a Boyu water pump in the deal which also failed in my hydro set up. ) They both had fake CE stamps and the company's ebay shop tries to look like an Aussie supplier ,but its just a distributor of crap and the warranties are bullshit ,they dont reply to emails are sale and they refused to refund.

IMO if you are silly enough to by direct from China you are risking more trouble than a few dollars saved.. Each to there own but I was happy paying Aussie retail prices.

edit.. My phillips globes are made in the Netherlands .

Edited by Traviss

Ahh yes, I got you now.

If anyone is silly enough to buy cheap electrical shit directly from China off eBay. Well you deserve what you get. Exact same thing if you were to buy the same crap from a local fleamarket, because they bring that shit into Australia in bulk. A lot of those shady turds deal in sub standard and counterfeit crap.Typical buyer beware stuff.

As for buying a grow light and bulbs direct from the source that Aussie importers get it from. I would have little hesitation about it. In all likelihood it'd be made using the same components and to the same standard that they ship here for retail. Probably the only concerns I'd have is the cords are double insulated, and properly earthed where need be.

As I stated in another thread, Spending a shade over $200 for a 315w kit is a risk I'd be prepared to take. But otherwise, yeah, each to their own.. ;)

:bongon:

I reckon its worth it importing from China IMO there is no difference than buying shit off ebay it all comes from the same factory in China, its all shit really but we have become custom to there quality its our way of life now... if u don't wanna be a cheap skate on a grow light go spend $4000 on a led manufacturered in the USA that covers 1x1 meter

we do have some security over shit Chinese made electronics almost all modern houses build area the 90's onwards have safety RCD switches in there electrical boxes plus u can add plug in models your self too

IMO we have more to worry about than a dodgey lights electricals like think about it we are putting a heater in a wardrobe ffs and we are worried about quality?

I reckon its worth it importing from China IMO there is no difference than buying shit off ebay it all comes from the same factory in China, its all shit really but we have become custom to there quality its our way of life now... if u don't wanna be a cheap skate on a grow light go spend $4000 on a led manufacturered in the USA that covers 1x1 meter

we do have some security over shit Chinese made electronics almost all modern houses build area the 90's onwards have safety RCD switches in there electrical boxes plus u can add plug in models your self too

IMO we have more to worry about than a dodgey lights electricals like think about it we are putting a heater in a wardrobe ffs and we are worried about quality?

hehe a heater in a wardrobe. . and then add plants and water or moisture... no problemo... but you say the word chinee.. an people flip it.