The best advice this newb can give to all the newbs.

the bluelab ph pens arent the best imo, ive had to revive a few that i let the bulb dry out on...... Lucky, usually theyre dead...... the other well known one at hydro stores is good, the green one.....

That's on you thou ,, not the pen .. you let any pen dry out it's done .. [emoji1308]

I read a lot of the stuff you indoor guys post...hoping that one day I'll gain a bit of knowledge to do it myself (without failing miserably)....I've noticed indoors though you guys run into a lot of nute deficiencies...ph problems...ventilation... etc...Then you gotta do your maths for light periods and timers...fark.. Outdoors... I think we worry more about the elements...roos...pigs flying in helicopters...I check the ph of the rain water im using once at the start of the grow...and sometimes check as they come into flower as well...I always thought you want your ph to fluctuate a little anyway...as far as deficiencies I've never really had that  problem...if you prep your soil right and give her what she needs for buds they're always happy... One day though i'll give it a go....Definitely a big boys game...

I read a lot of the stuff you indoor guys post...hoping that one day I'll gain a bit of knowledge to do it myself (without failing miserably)....I've noticed indoors though you guys run into a lot of nute deficiencies...ph problems...ventilation... etc...Then you gotta do your maths for light periods and timers...fark.. Outdoors... I think we worry more about the elements...roos...pigs flying in helicopters...I check the ph of the rain water im using once at the start of the grow...and sometimes check as they come into flower as well...I always thought you want your ph to fluctuate a little anyway...as far as deficiencies I've never really had that problem...if you prep your soil right and give her what she needs for buds they're always happy... One day though i'll give it a go....Definitely a big boys game...

Yup , life was a lot easier when I was growing outdoors with bag seed .. it's not even all the stuff that can go wrong it's the start up cash you need just to get going . From lights to tents , to fans and nutes . It all adds up and when you're finally set up , that's when the deficiencies kick in . Haha

• Upvote 2

Yup , life was a lot easier when I was growing outdoors with bag seed .. it's not even all the stuff that can go wrong it's the start up cash you need just to get going . From lights to tents , to fans and nutes . It all adds up and when you're finally set up , that's when the deficiencies kick in . Haha

We'll said Jim. You buy it all thinking it will be sweet but then you still have to dial in everything or you get to nearly 2 months and still got 10cm high plants like me. Hahaha

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Yeah the cost too...and all that could be lost to Mr. Plod...One day....something like this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSFF4paWyI&t=7s

Nothing wrong with bag seed though...grown some of my best stuff from random seeds....

Would that Rhizotonic help clones going outside from under lights? 

Growing couldn't be much easier these days technology has advanced so much for the user to make things simple but the variety is a killer which fucks up a lot of newbies with equipment

shit cheap equipment = loud, power hungry, poor performance, carbon filters leaking good example...

good equipment is out of the reach for the beginner or someone getting back into it from scratch but its the best move

i like how the big nutrient companies have now bought out self adjusting PH nutrients Canna: Aqua, House and Gardens, Sensi PH Perfect etc...  when i first started gardening i bought a 1x1 meter flood and drain tray but being new to the hobby i thought on a flood cycle it didn't leave much water in the reservoir so converted to recirculating system, i had no idea on adjusting PH so i just added nutes and ran with it i encountered no problems other than algie building up on the tray but now there is a self adjusting PH nutrient i think this takes a lot of pain staking adjusting out of it for newbies

the first time the apprentice tried to adjust the nutrients PH a lot of PH down was added and lesson learnt which i think a lot of new people would make this mistake

Carnage,

The Truncheon has all 3 measures on it anyway, no conversion nor mathematics needed. And as I say the truncheon's reliability is 2nd to none imo

Iam with you on this merlin love my Truncheon easy and super reliable, I used to go threw 1or 2 pens a yr but I've had my truncheon 3 yrs [emoji1303] wouldn't have anything else