Bogan's backyard!

just thought i'd put this lill bit up from the first post on the no till revisited thread 

your pots nakedness caught my eye :)

soil you build is in constant motion and that motion only increases as time goes by, the process

driven by this mass of (mostly) microscopic life is truly incredible! Mulching is something I would

consider absolutely crucial in any no-till garden, this is what drives the process and what is the

continual source of organic matter into your soil and the energy (food) source for soil life which

in turn ends up in the plants you will grow. If any magic were to actually occur here it would certainly

be happening in the upper most portion of your topsoil that is directly in contact with the mulch

layer (ok maybe in the rhizosphere as well!). Planting a cover crop at the beginning of each cycle

is always a good idea as well as the added roots throughout the topsoil also aerates and harbors

soil life itself. Once and if the cover crop becomes established it then likely dies back under a full

canopy (no light) and through it's death becomes mulch and is completely incorporated into the soil.

A decaying mulch layer is key - a living mulch/cover crop comes second.

mulch baby mulch 

don't want ya pot runnin out of puff B4 end of flower 

Invasion? lol no way itchybro, knowledge is power!

The kush is in canna terra and can I plant alfalfa sprouts? Made me think to get my arse in to gear! I'm ordering 2x65 gallon fabric pots and have these supposedly 15 gallon fabric pots from last year I didn't use!5779c0400fe5d2cd701b6b1185b2abd1.jpg I was thinking pot these up and plant a cover crop, alfalfa? I got a heap off shit of Dr greenthumbs arriving Monday if I'm lucky! :)

Edited by AussieBogan