Products to avoid.

Yes. But, if you do it after turning 12/12 it can stuff up the whole plant, stresses her out just as she's trying to flower. Focusing on girth sounds great but the bud density increases and reduces airflow within the head, this is great for a huge harvest of mould. Now if you tip it and leave it for a week to recover before turning 12/12, instead of one budding point, it splits and forms 2 stems for the buds to develop on. Again you need to be aware of the two buds being real close together and the reduction of airflow around the bud, but if ya manage it properly it can be done.

If you're solely after density then leave her in 12/12 for longer than 8wks. The 8wk mark is about the timing of the first browning, once those hairs all brown off, die and disappear, inside the bud new hairs are forming. By about the 10th week the 2nd new white hairs burst forward and the buds swell internally. I allow mine to go 12weeks of 12/12 or the 3rd browning then flush for 5 days and then harvest.

The resulting smoke is exquisite IMO.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

He was talking about something called backbuilding not topping. If you look it up you'll see what he means it's actually done very late in flower when buds are already formed.
  • Upvote 1

I actually take back the previous comment about the Canna nutes curling my leaves under, this grow i have been using Canna Coco at 25mls per 10L upped it at the beginning of flower to max strength 40mls per 10L and that caused the leaf curl i back it off to 25mls and all is fine i think it may be the strain i am growing that doesn't to be over fed

How does than benefit the smoke or yield or is it only for looks?

Serious question.

You'd be better off asking Dr bluethumb but from memory I think I read it was more so for that "perfect" bud look but it did actually increase yield. I think because it stops the bud stretching so less energy on growth and more on bud production. Again, I can't exactly remember. Was glad Dr bluethumb new what I was talking about

I can't say which products I'd avoid because when I do someone takes it down ,because they are afraid I might piss off their paying advertisers.

So kinda makes the whole thread pretty useless really.

I gotta pretty good response from meddle and his reply is yet to be taken down. If you go back a page or so in the thread you'll see he already listed a whole bunch of em.
  • Upvote 1