Products to avoid.

Which additives in particular are responsible for the commercial crap going around down under? I'm new to hydroponics and want good stuff, which we all know doesn't always come down to lighting and genetics, nutes definitely play a big part in end product or else there wouldn't be such a large range available. I just want dense nugs without having to sacrifice resin production.

From what I've read on these forums a major part is not flushing enough at that end before harvest.
There was also a thread not long ago about large growers(or sellers who do it after they have received it) of spraying buds with sugar or other crap to make them weigh more.

Then there was talk about a growth hormone or something that changed how the plant grew. I can't remember the name or abb. they used but it was ok to use a little but some just kept using it the whole through for weight.

The other thing I have learned from here and others including the shop, is that all nutes are chemicals, even organic ones and that I used far too much.
Of the whole grow of 9 to 10 weeks there is only about 3 weeks that they need the full amount of recommended nutes

I'm just a noob though, albeit a well read one and I'm sure some of the stalwarts will be in here sooner or later

fuckin advanced. Gazza, you have absolutely lost it.

Chems to Avoid:  Paclobutrazol, clormequat, theres a third big nasty but the name isnt coming to mind right now.

Products to avoid: CYCO FLOWER A/B (not to be confused with their a and b nutrients, confusing I know, but having used cyco in the early days of my growing, I wouldnt touch them again anyway), U turn, Bonza Bud. If anyone wants to add to the list of shit to say no to, feel free

• Upvote 3

fuckin advanced. Gazza, you have absolutely lost it.

Chems to Avoid:  Paclobutrazol, clormequat, theres a third big nasty but the name isnt coming to mind right now.

Products to avoid: CYCO FLOWER A/B (not to be confused with their a and b nutrients, confusing I know, but having used cyco in the early days of my growing, I wouldnt touch them again anyway), U turn, Bonza Bud. If anyone wants to add to the list of shit to say no to, feel free

Since when have i had to follow your schedule?

IMHO 90% of it is genetics no matter how good the nutes or what ever you add is if the genetics are not there in the 1st place no matter what you feed them you are going to end up with something that isent up to par in your eyes.

You want some rock hard nugs try LA Cannalope i have never grew anything as dence as her with out addind all the extras, just plan old A+B and PK when time was rite...

• Upvote 7

No PGR's,Super Bud, Rock Juice (the white stuff) Hulk, etc... endless names for this product, some come in 1 part some come in 3 parts

Canna nutrients, over the last 2 years i have noticed Canna is making some but not all plants curl the leaf tips, I will be changing to Advance Nutrient next time

Hey Gazza did you mean Super Bud, Rock Juice and Hulk do contain PGR's or don't?

IMHO 90% of it is genetics no matter how good the nutes or what ever you add is if the genetics are not there in the 1st place no matter what you feed them you are going to end up with something that isent up to par in your eyes.

You want some rock hard nugs try LA Cannalope i have never grew anything as dence as her with out addind all the extras, just plan old A+B and PK when time was rite...

I swear I've seen people take strains that would be normally fluffy when grown outdoors e.g certain pure sativas and then grow them nice and dense with the use of the right nutes and additives. Am I completely wrong or would that actually be possible?

No u are not out doors it only feeds on what is in the soil and u dont add any extra goodies to the soil it can only feed on what is there so the plant will grow to its feed water.

In doors you are feeding nutes that are made up to give the plant the best to let it do its thing, the same can be done out doors with the rite ground prep...

• Upvote 1