• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst

Photo

IR lining in grow room

- - - - - grow tent indoor stealth

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Mctavish

Mctavish

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 Posts:
Hi guys
I am new to indoor growing and will be kicking off when my new 1.2x1.2x2 tent arrives next week. I will be running a 600w hps(i recently bought 3 of em,600w hps lamps with reflectors and heat shield for 60 bucks off the local high school) with 8 inch extraction fan.
My question is, Does anyone know anything about this Infra Red lining in grow rooms?,i am guessing its about chopper detection?, i live in a heavily worked by flying pigs, but i dont think they use IR< they more hang out of the chopper at roof level doing grid work over everyones properties out here.
Sounds more like a marketing gimmick to me....?

"I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die...But the in between is mine!!"

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Matanuska Thunder

Matanuska Thunder

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2742 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:None

Sounds more like a marketing gimmick to me....?

Yup you are spot on with that

many threads on IR here

Temporally exploring California's Cannabis - I'm 100% legal

Grow

2012 Grow 2013 Grow 2014 Grow

California Medical Cannabis test #1

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5490 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
What's the heat shield you mentioned ?

Mctavish

Mctavish

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 Posts:

its just those v shaped metal with holes that goes across the hps to reduce light and heat output

Stiritup420

Stiritup420

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS

You don't need it.. Polair is above my house more the 300 days a year. I feel like i'm in Vietnam.  They don't give a shit about peoples privacy. I would love to fly a chopper over the police commissioners house 300 days and nights a year and see how he likes it..

They cant see shit, I have the same tent and the same light.. The only way they are going to see you if you have light very close to an external wall. It will heat the wall and show up on IR..  I think you would need more than 600w  to do that anyhow.  The other way they will see you is if you vent heated air from the grow outside. They will see the hot air on IR..  In a tent you got no problems,  as long as you don't vent outside

Chrystal

Chrystal

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Lighting: LED

its just those v shaped metal with holes that goes across the hps to reduce light and heat output

That is not for infrared detection that is just to distribute the light even over your garden

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5490 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Lighting: All
Can we see a photo of these lights ?

Chrystal

Chrystal

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Lighting: LED

There is only one method that i know of to block out IR and that is to wrap your tent in aluminium foil lol

SE here's the light distributor u have problably seen them heaps of times they have been out for a couple decades or more

Attached Files

Mctavish

Mctavish

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 Posts:

Wellthat would make sense....excuse me guys but docs have me on very heavy meds until such time as i have a crop ready, so i may misread things from time to time lol...not fun but could be worse...

I will get a shot for yas shortly, havent bothered lol... wait out.

Mctavish

Mctavish

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 Posts:

They need a good clean but all working and test n tagged recently...happy days!! Just waiting on new tentand extraction fanAttached File  20170209_1756291.jpg   115.2K   46 downloads      Attached File  20170209_1756501.jpg   79.73K   46 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grow tent, indoor, stealth

OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.