My babies

3 browning offs refers to the pistils shrivelling and going red/brown. 

Where yours are at now looks like the 1st browning off, as that continues over time you'll notice fresh pistils popping out all over, then they will start browning off and if you wait a little longer another lot will pop out, and by the time they brown off I find I usually have a nice coverage of amber trichs.  Merl1n does it as well, but we both like a strong sedative numbing body stone which is why we over mature a bit.  Each browning off is more calyx's forming and then swelling as they suck the goodness out of their pistils, so you also get a little more weight, but not a massive amount.

It's not for everyone's tastes/needs, but I would encourage you to try samples from a range of harvest times to get an idea of what is best for your tastes.  Also worth noting that the odd strain will reach the same level of maturity without needing to go quite so long, so trich monitoring is still advised, and external issues can still force harvest timing.

:peace:

He's not saying you will end up with nothing but when you dry your harvest it shrinks considerably. What you see your buds to be now will shrink down to probs around half the size.

I have been watching this and I remember when I harvested my first grow I thought I hit the jack pot. But your the one thats looking at them so when you think its time its time. It will be a learning curve that I guess everyone goes through. You will get smoke and it will be good but you could have more. From your pics and pics can be deseving I think you need longer. But you will figure that out for yourself over time. I know my first few plants got harvested early and at the time I enjoyed it and have no regrets. I just now know I could of got more. You want to try your smoko and are excited so its up to you. Pick them smoke them and enjoy and you will enjoy.

Over time you will become more patient and judge it better. Im half pissed now so I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. I mean nothing bad

• Upvote 1

Haha hey thanks for the reply man i do know they shrink abot havent obviously seen it for myself yet, and your all right to tell me to wait because you do know better, as you have way more experience than me, but i will defibately learn whenever i choose to harvest which is looking this friday or saturday, i cant wait any longer haha and its 8 weeks so im not that far out if you all reckon anout 2 more weeks would be ideal, and besides i do have the same strain which is week 5 or 6 so i will see whether this smoke is where i want it or not but im thinking of letting the other go 9 or 10 weeks, to compare the difference and actually make sure it finishes properly :)