Compact Fluorescents

http://www.scottandrew.com.au/secondhand/index.htm#pictures

Here is the link for those 2nd hand kits I was talking about. Not bad value I must say. But if you want cf's.. I just picked up a Nelson Lighting 48w cf, equiv of 240w incandescent for $23 from Bunnings, and shes a bright one :blink: Im gonna go get another one today. When I get my HID light, Ill still stick these in the grow room for sidelighting. Pretty good investment I must say.

Thanx for the link dude lol

I just got another cf from bunnings, now I have 2x 48w (240w incandescant equiv) fluoros and one 14w Phillips (60w equiv) on my seedlings.. its bright as hell in there now.. I just have a little mini grow box I made from some wood and cardboard $ Didnt cost hardly anything.. Ill get my 600w HID in a week or two at the latest. Im going into the second week of growing today.. and yesterday was first day of nutes.. Since the DutchFest, at 2/3 strength was put on about 24 hours ago, the leaves have gotten noticably larger, cant wait for this next week, I just put in the cf at the start of the week and took it away from the 20w 2' fluoro though, and just today im going to put in another 48w cf.. should be sweet..

Ill be growing with HPS myself, but anyone who wants a good cheap light for fluoros heres a link. ScottAndrews.com.au has these lights for $95, but here they are $73

http://www.reefonline.com.au/shop/product_...products_id=214

Although Bunnings ones work out cheaper, you will need three holders which costs me $10 each for the "Arlec heavy duty" work lights, they have clamps inbuilt which I can just clip on anywhere I like, or hang from the roof.. You just have to remove the front cage of these and cut off the top couple centimeters for these larger globes.

Hey all i was wondering if you could help me out while im trying to start growing.

I worked out the price of all the stuff i need is $60

Tell me if i missed anything or you have any ideas or tips about it :

Anyone who's growing with CFs can you give me some hints? :P

The Prices are Estimates besides a few.

My Grow list: :P

2 Compact fluro lights –40W ,2500 lumen-substitute for light-$20

1 small fan –For ventilation and stimulation of stem-$5

2 screw in light sockets-For CF lights-$15

1 small cabinet,aprox size.1m in height, 50cm width. –growbox-$10

1 Arlec quickset timer- for 12 hours light,12 hours dark. -$10

Total : $60.00 

Peace out. OzSmoker

What are you going to do about feeding them ?

R U going to manually feed them them or ?